We’re looking for a part-time *REMOTE* Customer Service & Logistics Lead to join our eCommerce team for a 12-month mat leave contract! This role offers flexible hours, approximately 20 hours per week.
Do you love delivering amazing customer experiences? Do you have a passion for being a part of a better fashion industry? Do you love problem solving and making things happen? This opportunity may be for you!
About your role:
Reporting to the COO, the Customer Service & Logistics Lead will help Encircled grow by delivering outstanding experiences to our customers. You’re the go-to person on our small team for all logistics, shipping and customer experiences online and offline.
This role is responsible for managing the customer love inbox across all channels, helping customers in person, finding their perfect capsule wardrobe collection and ensuring our 3PL is working seamlessly to deliver packages correctly and on time.
Who You Are:
You love eCommerce, Shopify, Customers and making things happen. Self-motivated, organized and are a wizard balancing multiple priorities. You want to work for a company that’s making a positive impact in the ethical fashion world, and you’re passionate about finding solutions and getting stuff done. Your role is key in improving efficiency, quality, and productivity internally and externally at Encircled. You’re intelligent, curious, strategic and hardworking - if you don’t know the answer, you’ll figure it out.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead responder to customer service inquiries through our help desk (email), live chat, text, phone or on our social media properties (Facebook, Instagram, etc.).
- Scheduling and training/QC part-time team replies to ensure compliance with our brand voice and policies.
- Oversee and hands-on management of the returns and exchanges process.
- Lead shopping appointments online and provide sizing and style recommendations.
- Moderate the Facebook community
- Document and continuously update customer service policies to be best-in-class.
- Support Quality Control requests through partnering with our production team to ensure feedback is communicated and repairs are managed in a timely manner.
- Oversee and moderate reviews for our online store
- Be the key point person with our 3PL provider, responsible for day-to-day communication and management of issues (including shipping, fulfillment, and
- inventory). Ensure that orders are fulfilled within SLAs, and that any changes to orders are communicated to the 3PL.
- Coordinate the delivery and packaging of inventory to the 3PL, and movement back and forth for events. Internally communicate timelines.
- Work with shipping providers to manage refunds and any claims.
- Provide weekly reporting on operational KPIs, including returns, 3PL metrics, Customer Love satisfaction, reviews, and retail sales.
- Work with in studio staff to coordinate shipping of sample sale and resale/archive sale orders
- Work with and train our AI Customer Service tool.
- College Diploma (or equivalent) in a related field
- You’ve got a minimum 2-3 years of experience working in customer service in fashion/retail, preferably in eCommerce
- You’ve got experience managing or working with a third party logistics/shipper
- You’ve got experience working with Shopify, and helpdesk platforms like Gorgias, Help scout or Zendesk, and managing shipping systems like Shipstation or a 3PL WMS (Shiphero)
- Excellent communication skills and strong business acumen, coupled with an ability to ‘wow’ customers in your interactions.
- Ability to multitask and juggle priorities to suit the needs of the business and prioritize customers
- You’re knowledgeable about the processes that drive amazing customer experiences online
- A fearless “can-do” attitude – always willing to roll up the sleeves and do what needs to be done
- You’re savvy with tech and can work on Apple computers, and with the Google suite.
- Access to a reliable car is a plus. Driver’s license is an asset.
- You’re passionate about sustainability, ethical fashion and other social issues that impact our world
- You’re curious, and creative - you take initiative, and can independently manage your workload
- You live for creative excellence, and always put your best foot forward on the first round of creative and are able to take constructive feedback and revisions in stride.
- You’re thoughtful of timelines, and can manage a project from end to end to support the brand and your team members’ goals
- Able to work in fast-paced start-up environment independently
- Fully remote role! If you can, you're welcome to come into our office
- Flexibility with working hours
Nice to have:
- Experience with Shopify or working for an eCommerce brand
- Experience working in the fashion/retail industry
- Experience using Slack
Who is Encircled?
Encircled is a fast-growing ethical fashion start-up powered by a small but passionate and collaborative team. We make ethical shopping effortless by creating transformative, long-lasting designs, made in a way that honours the world around us. We produce 100% of our clothing locally in Toronto, and retailed exclusively through our website. We proudly integrate sustainability throughout our supply chain and are a female-founded, female-owned certified B Corporation.
- Three paid flex days to use for health and wellness
- Flexible remote role. We do have an office and you're welcome to come into the office!
- Dog-friendly workspace
- Opportunity to buy our clothing at a discounted rate for yourself, and friends and family
- Cool, startup brand to add to your resume
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Opportunity to own projects from start to finish, and build something from the ground up
When you work at Encircled, you’re committing to use business as a force for good in the world. We live by our core values of collaboration, innovation and thoughtfulness and seek to foster a positive work culture that respects work-life boundaries and honours the environment, people and planet throughout everything we do at our brand.
Start Date: September (Mat leave Fixed Term 12 month Contract). Part-time. 20-25 hours a week.
- 4-6 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Remote role. High-speed internet access required.
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach cover letter answering the following questions:
- Why do you want to work for Encircled?
- What’s the best customer service experience you’ve ever had? Why?
Applications without a cover letter will be deleted. Please do not contact us via Live Chat, Email, DM or Social media about this role.
Encircled is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all applicants regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, and Indigenous status.
Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Part-time hours: 20-30 per week
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- Store discount
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
- E-commerce: 2 years (preferred)
- Fashion retail: 1 year (preferred)
- Logistics: 2 years (required)
- Customer service: 2 years (required)
Work Location: Remote
Expected start date: 2023-10-03