The Safety Manager oversees all the Safety initiatives and concerns within the Tenold Group of Companies.
- Provide leadership on aspects of Occupational Health, Safety & Environment related to the Tenold Group of Companies, to ensure the function meets organizational and Business Unit standards.
- Conduct routine site visits; inspect workplace facilities to ensure consistency with procedures and legislative requirements; complete site audits.
- Assist with the investigation of Health and Safety related issues; implement preventative measures and follow-up to ensure compliance.
- Manage and document employee Health and Safety training.
- Address and mitigate Near Miss, Accident and Environmental incidents to analyze, identify, and communicate trends and frequency details.
- Report HSE results to Senior Management.
- Work with Human Resources to assist with the Return-to-Work Program.
- Proactively recommend measures to improve site safety and mitigate risk.
- Assist with the management of subcontractors ensuring they are meeting the required HSE standards.
- Interact with client HSE reps and ensure compliance with client requirements.
- Oversee the company’s Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Maintain company COR certifications, including annual safety audits.
- Oversee motor vehicle accident investigation and freight claims processing.
- Oversee work related injury claims administration and management.
- Oversee fleet licensing and insurance.
- Identify issues of safety non-compliance in all areas of the company and work with Human Resources to facilitate positive resolutions.
- Foster a professional, ethical approach to promoting HSE principles throughout the company
- Oversee and mentor the Safety Team towards corporate goals.
Company information should be treated in a highly confidential manner. You have specific responsibilities and are expected to use your knowledge and skill to make a positive contribution to our corporate goals.
- Possess strong communication skills, be able to multitask and work under minimal supervision.
- Be able to work and thrive in a fast-paced team environment; be energetic; pleasant and willing to learn.
- Commit to new initiatives and programs that promote continual improvement and efficiency.
- Foster a safe work culture for all procedures, including but not limited to:
- wearing PPE if required.
- reporting all injuries, claims or near-misses, unsafe or hazardous conditions.
- 3-5 years of Transportation Industry experience.
- Knowledge of HSE regulatory requirements - Canada and USA.
- Knowledge of WCB, hours of service legislation, load securement, hazardous waste, incident and accident investigation and general transportation knowledge.
- Familiarity with BC and AB COR programs.
- Flexibility to travel to other terminals and facilities as needed for scheduled visits and critical incident response.
- Provide strong, positive, professional leadership in HSE.
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems independently and make decisions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- How many years experience do you have in Safety?
- How many years experience do you have in the Transportation industry?
Work Location: In person