Administrative Assistant - Energy - ( 230003SO )
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you’ll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you’ll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world’s top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
We are seeking a junior level Document Controller/Administrative Assistant to join our Waterloo Project Services team supporting Energy project managers and engineers. This individual will bring their interpersonal, practical and technical document controls experience, word processing proficiency and attention to quality.
Our team is highly collaborative, fast paced, deadline driven, quality centered and geographically diverse. A team-first mentality, along with hard work, flexibility, exceptional customer service, and personal accountability are the keys to our success.
If you’re the type of person who is invigorated by opportunities presented through change and collaboration with others, we would love to meet with you!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Orientation and on-boarding of new staff.
- Document management / control services for our projects (drawing and document review against quality standards, prepare and issue transmittals and drawing packages).
- Perform project and operational administrative duties, such as:
+ Formatting and proofreading documents.
+ Organizing and attending meetings.
+ Capturing meeting minutes, action items, and decisions.
+ Developing and maintaining safety equipment records.
+ Updating project databases.
- Printing and scanning drawings and documents.
- Ensure quality, accuracy, and adherence to Stantec and client standards which govern things like workflows, metadata, formatting, document and revision numbering, and approvals for example.
- Complete and ensure compliance with Stantec’s electronic and hard copy filing systems.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience with document control systems, processes, and standards, particularly with Energy (Renewable Energy, Power Supply, Oil & Gas, Alternative Fuels, Heavy Industry) projects.
- Proficiency at an intermediate level with the following software:
+ Microsoft (MS) Office 2019, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
+ Adobe Acrobat Professional.
+ File-sharing and electronic document management systems (EDMS) platforms, such as AutoDesk BIM, ProjectWise, SharePoint, Aconex, and Bluebeam Revu.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to learn and adapt to programs and processes quickly.
- Excellence in the following areas:
+ communication (written and oral, and to a variety of audiences),
+ interpersonal skills,
+ attention to detail,
+ organizational skills,
+ multitasking, and
- Effective team player with demonstrated ability to work with little or no supervision.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in related field with minimum of 2–3 years’ relevant experience.
- Experience working in a consulting engineering firm is desirable. Prior experience in document controls is a plus.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #FeelingEnergized
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Organization : BC-1265 Energy-CA Central
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 20, 2023, 7:06:07 AM
Req ID: 230003SO
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans