Proud to be 100% Canadian-owned, Northland Properties' are recognized as one of the most trusted names in hotels, restaurants, resorts, sports, construction, and asset management. Our well-known and loved brands have been bringing people together to celebrate unforgettable experiences across Canada, the US, Ireland, and the UK for over 50 years. As Canada’s fastest-growing hospitality group, we believe the foundation of our continued success is our people and their ability to take great care of our guests.
About the Sutton Place Hotel
The Sutton Place Hotel at Revelstoke Mountain Resort is a luxury 4-star hotel, located directly opposite the gondola and activities that provide experiences of a lifetime for our guests.
The Sutton Place Hotel and Revelstoke Mountain Resort (RMR) are a division of Canada's largest privately held hospitality company, Northland Properties Corporation (NPC), and since its inception in 2007, we have gained a reputation for endless outdoor adventure, big mountain riding and an authentic Canadian resort town. If you love to connect with people and have a passion for providing an exceptional hospitality experience, then we invite you to join our Sutton Place Family!
The Sutton Place Hotel at Revelstoke Mountain Resort is recruiting for the position of Maintenance Worker for the 2023-24 Winter Season.
The Maintenance Worker will be responsible for performing general building and property maintenance. The successful applicant must have good communication skills, be service oriented, efficient at planning and organizing work, critical thinking, a team worker who is responsible and accountable for own job performance.
- Respond to client requests for maintenance in hotel rooms.
- Perform regular property inspections of the hotel including common areas, building exterior, and landscape.
- Perform minor repairs on windows, doors, switches, desks, tables, plugs, equipment, appliances, sinks, toilets, blinds, electrical, plumbing etc.
- Carpentry skills and experience pertaining to metal and timber framing, drywall installation, finishing and experience in cabinet making/joinery would be an asset.
- Maintain heating and air conditioning systems, perform routine checks of boilers, pumps, fan units, control panels, thermostats, cooling towers, etc.
- Maintain outside grounds (remove snow, ice, and debris, spray and remove weeds, sweep, and clean gutters, water and maintain sprinkling systems).
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material, and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervisor.
- Prepare, paint, and decorate interior and exterior surfaces, as required
- Regular Pool and Hot Tub Maintenance and Checks
- Moving Furniture
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- High school diploma/GED.
- 2 years of maintenance experience or Trade background
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the operation and maintenance of buildings.
- Ability to perform small repairs (e.g., caulking, replacing washers, and replacing light fixtures, waterproofing and tiling).
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Various indoor and outdoor weather conditions.
- Interact with management, colleagues, and public
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Complimentary Season's Pass to Revelstoke Mountain Resort
- Reciprocal deals on lift tickets at other local mountains.
- Northland Perks Program and third-party partnership discounts for all employees.
- Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental, Vision Care (after 3 months of full-time service)
- Matching RRSP program (after 1 year of full-time service)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Refer a friend or family program.
- Employee Housing Available
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required.You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker.Applications will not be accepted via email or in person.We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with The Sandman Hotel Group, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Sandman Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Sandman Hotel Group does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, provincial or local laws. Sandman Hotel Grouptakes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code.
At Northland Properties, we are committed to building a network of talented professionals who can help to provide exceptional hospitality experiences. As an equal opportunity employer, we are constantly seeking motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join us in various fields, including Construction, Finance, IT, HR, Marketing, and Support Center. To join our dedicated team and be a part of our thriving hospitality community, explore the exciting career opportunities available at https://northland.ca/careers/.