Merchant Growth is a national financial services company that provides working capital to small and medium-sized businesses throughout Canada. The company is seeking a Credit Analyst for its Head Office in Vancouver, British Columbia. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-paced team that boasts an exciting, dynamic, and progressive work environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing and approving loan and line of credit applications submitted from internal and external origination sources. The candidate will demonstrate sound analytical thinking and organizational skills and will be comfortable working independently while often juggling competing priorities. Applicants should be detail-oriented with the ability to perform credit underwriting tasks efficiently and with a high degree of consistency and accuracy.
The successful candidate will report to the Vice President of Risk Management. Additional training will be provided.
Preference will be given to candidates who are bilingual (English and French) and have lending experience in alternative finance, retail or business banking, equipment leasing, or automotive finance.
Employment Type: ASAP, Full Time, Monday to Friday
Location: Remote (preferably in Vancouver, British Columbia)
Duties & Responsibilities:
Adjudicate loan and line of credit applications from small and medium-sized businesses in an efficient and timely manner
- Analyze and consider financial data, personal and commercial credit bureau information, third-party references, and macroeconomic factors to evaluate the creditworthiness of potential borrowers
- Summarize and communicate all application strengths and weaknesses considered in rendering a final underwriting decision
- Grant approvals in accordance with delegated credit authority limits and company policy
- Verify completed borrowing agreements for accuracy and review information from Corporate and PPSA registries prior to authorizing the release of funds
- Answer queries from sales staff pertaining to applications submitted for analysis
- Balance efficiency and risk management in determining appropriate exceptions to company policy on individual applications
- Perform periodic re-assessments of existing loan and line of credit client accounts for renewal purposes
- Pinpoint fraudulent documents during analysis and report these to appropriate departments
- Join in credit committee reviews of larger exposure applications
- Participate in team projects focused on process and/or policy improvement
- Incorporate new (or changes to) policies and procedures in a fluid environment
Required Knowledge & Skills:
Understanding of risk assessment in a lending environment
- Ability to analyze business financial information to identify and evaluate key metrics
- Ability to analyze personal and commercial credit bureau reports
- Comfortable handling multiple files and tasks in a time-sensitive manner
- Ability to interpret, adapt to, and apply new credit policy guidelines and procedures
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to cross-reference information for accuracy
- Exceptional organization and time-management skills
- High level of computer literacy
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) such that decisions and instructions/guidance can be conveyed in a clear manner
- Ability to work autonomously in a team environment
Qualifications & Experience:
1+ years of lending experience in alternative finance, retail or commercial banking, equipment leasing, or automotive finance.
- Post-secondary degree in a related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bilingual (English and French) is an asset
- Experience using Salesforce is an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates for further consideration will be contacted.