Customer Service Agent
Casual - Term
Who We Are
Calm Air International is a regional airline serving the Northern part of Central Canada. From its main bases in Winnipeg, Thompson and Churchill, Manitoba, and Rankin Inlet, Nunavut, Calm Air operates frequent, daily scheduled passenger, charters, and cargo flights throughout Manitoba and the Kivalliq Region of Nunavut.
At Calm Air International LP, we value our customers, passengers, and the communities we serve. We are only as good as the employees who work with us. We are looking for highly motivated, well-organized individuals, who work well in a fast-paced environment, to join our team! Want to learn more? Visit www.calmair.com.
About the Opportunity
Are you seeking an exciting opportunity to work with a group of high performing professionals? Do you like to work independently as well as part of a skilled team? If so, we would like to hear from you! We are looking for a highly motivated, well-organized individual, who thrives in a fast-paced environment, to join the Calm Air family.
The sky is the limit!
What You'll Get To Do
Calm Air Customer Service Agents provide valuable front-line passenger support and assistance to our customers at the airports and before and after they board one of our flights. They are responsible for ensuring our passenger experience is positive and meets the standards of service that we set out as an organization in addition to complying with applicable regulations.
- Providing curbside to curbside service to the travelling public as per Canadian Transportation Agency regulations
- Making and changing flight reservations in the computerized reservation system
- Checking in passengers and their baggage
- Calculate and charge any additional fees if applicable
- Issuing boarding passes, itineraries, and seating assignments as necessary
- Assist pre-boarding passengers to ensure safe movement to and from the aircraft
- Provide information on fares, flight schedules and routes in person or over the telephone
- Facilitate the safe movement of passengers between aircraft and terminal buildings
- Other duties as required
Hours Of Work
- Shift work is required and may include mornings/afternoons, evenings, and weekends
Skills & Experience We Value
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) an asset
- Ability to learn a computerized reservation system
- Basic Computer skills (word, excel, office)
- Knowledge of an airline’s operations an asset
- Must have exceptional customer service skills
- Must be able to work independently or in a team setting
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure
- Must have own transportation to and from work
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Enhanced Security Clearance qualification
- Must be able to attend and complete initial Ground School Training
- Preference given to Inuit Land Claims Beneficiaries
- Inuktitut language considered an asset
The Benefits of Joining Our Team
We invest time and resources into making sure Calm Air International is as good as the people we hire. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
- Vacation entitlement will be paid out with each pay statement at 6%
- Airline travel and freight privileges
- Corporate and family events
- And more!
If This Sounds Like the Job for You, Contact Us!
At Calm Air, we value diversity and provide equal opportunities and accessibility for all qualified candidates. We encourage all members of a designated group or those requiring accessibility support to self-declare when applying.
Please submit a resume in confidence by September 29, 2023.
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.