Aquaculture Support Worker
Atlantic Aqua Farms is one of North America’s largest growers, processor, and distributor of high-quality shellfish such as PEI mussels, branded oysters for numerous regions, plus fresh clams.
Our commitment to customer service and quality product makes us a leader in the shellfish industry. Each day, we strive to provide you, our valued clientele, with only the highest-grade shellfish available anywhere.
The aquaculture support worker will report to the boat operator.
Performing various farming tasks on our boats and in our facility and participating in the successful production of blue mussels. Vacant positions are available in various bays across the province.
Wages are based on experience and include 4% vacation pay.
Schedule is typically Mon - Fri depending on weather, 40 - 50-hour work week
Responsibilities and Duties
- Write daily basic progress reports
- Operate, maintain and clean pumps, filters and other aquaculture equipment
- Transport marine plants to processing plants
- Assist aquaculture technicians in the operation of fish hatcheries or other aquatic farms
- Harvesting seedlings
- Applicant must be legal age to work in Canada and/or hold a Canadian Work Permit
- Previous fishing experience is an asset.
- Hard working
- Reliable attendance is a requirement.
Benefits & Salary
- Competitive health and dental package
- Company matched RRSP program
- Physical work
- The season runs April through December so you can relax and enjoy the winter season and focus on your family or your hobbies.
- Paid on the job training
- Annual Staff Gatherings and AAF Swag
- Competitive Wages
If you are interested in a career working on the water in a sustainable aquaculture industry, we invite you to submit your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$21.06 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person