To clean and wash dishes, other cooking utensils and ensure the cleanliness of all kitchen areas. To perform all duties in compliance with safety standards, health standards and the Alberta Gaming and Liquor and Cannabis Commission (AGLC).
Candidate must possess strong:
· Organizational and time management skills
· Ability to organize and communicate thoughts
· Ability to carry out responsibilities with limited supervision
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Within the realm of the responsibility of the job, maintains a clean and safe work environment. Performs duties in compliance with safety procedures, which includes the use of safety equipment. Responsible for following safety procedures, identifying unsafe practices or conditions and informing their supervisor of unsafe conditions, as directed.
- Cleans and washes dishes, other cooking utensils and ensures the cleanliness of all kitchen areas.
- Maintains a clean, safe and well-organized kitchen at all times.
- Presoak silverware, prewash in the flat rack, sort silverware into individual grouping racks, and then final wash and deliver to the server station.
- Maintains and enhances positive relations with all customers and team members.
- Wears and maintains all uniforms properly.
- Performs all duties in compliance with the AGLC
- Alerts supervisor of any concerns regarding the quality, selection and variety of all food and beverages.
- Complies with established security policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties, including special projects, as needed and directed.
- Reports to work as scheduled, on time, and ready to work.
- Other duties as assigned including: Performs side duties, cleaning trays, restocking shelves, cleaning and breaking down boxes in the service area, using cleaning compounds, and making coffee. Also performs other side duties that include performing walk-in cooler checks cleaning of cooler floors, taking out trash bags, training other dishwashers, handling cleaning compounds and chemicals, and other duties as required. Assist food prep when needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Demonstrated experience washing dishes and maintaining a clean and safe kitchen, preferably within a hospitality, restaurant or gaming environment. Demonstrated experience performing within specific deadlines or under pressure.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Graduation from High School, or the equivalent in education and experience. No previous experience is required; however, prior dishwashing knowledge or experience within a hospitality, restaurant or gaming environment is desirable.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
WHMIS, Food Safe certificate or equivalent, when required. Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Ability to demonstrate effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills using English.
Decisions are limited to within the scope of essential duties.
Essential duties may involve performing physical exertion: frequent brisk walking, climbing stairs and, stooping, bending, stretching, reaching, kneeling, squatting, bending, walking and crouching, pushing and standing for an entire work shift, with standard breaks, to perform duties. Essential duties may involve working in a small, confined area used to obtain food, with floors that may become slippery in the process of preparing food and beverages. Essential duties require lifting trays containing food, lifting up to 50 pounds to stack, store or move kitchen, restaurant or general office supplies and equipment. Essential duties involve a flexible workweek with additional hours routinely required.
Essential duties may involve working in a kitchen environment with loud noises, odours and a frequently hot-cold work environment due to running ovens and refrigeration units. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
Equipment is typical of a retail/commercial kitchen, bar and restaurant. Including slicers, mixers, ovens, burners, steam tables, groove grill, refrigerators, fryers, knives, spoons, forks, glasses, pitchers, oven mitts and various cleaning supplies and materials. Knowledge of M.S.D.S. sheets.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $16.50 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you have access to reliable transportation (there is no public transportation to our location)?
Work Location: In person