As a market leader, iPipeline combines technology, innovation, and expertise to deliver ground-breaking, award-winning software solutions that transform the life insurance, protection, and financial services industry. With one of the industry’s largest data sets, we help advisors and agents automate, digitally optimize, and grow their business to better secure the financial futures of their clients.
At iPipeline, you’ll play a major role in helping us to provide best-in-class, transformative solutions. We’re passionate, creative, and innovative, and together as a team, we continue to advance, accelerate, and expand the reach of our technology. We value different perspectives and are committed to creating an environment that embraces diverse backgrounds and fosters inclusion.
We’re proud that we’ve been recognized in the industry as a repeat winner of various excellence awards, including our selection as a 2022 Top Workplace in the U.S., and as a Best Life Insurance Software Solution award winner in the UK. We believe that the culture we’ve built for our nearly 900 employees around the word is exceptional - and we’ve built a place where our employees love to come to work, every single day.
Come join our team!
We are currently looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join our team.
The Business Analyst is the individual who will have primary responsibility to effect, analyze, validate, manage, specify, and verify the exact needs of the project stakeholders, customers and end users. The BA will serve as a conduit between the customer community and the software development team through which
the project requirements will flow. The Senior Business Analyst will participate in cost estimation and produce outline designs of IT requirements, specifying the data, files and logical operations the system will perform and deliver expectations of the end user.
- Interviewing skills to dialogue with individuals and work groups about their needs and to ask specific questions to acquire essential requirements.
- Analytical skills to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, convey high-level concepts into details, distinguish true needs from amongst the collection of requirements, and create logical and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Writing skills to communicate information concisely and effectively to customers and internal stakeholders.
- Communication skills to make presentations to customers, end users and company management, and take technical information and translate it to be understood by various audiences.
- Interpersonal skills to liaison extensively with customers and internal stakeholders to help negotiate priorities, resolve conflicts among project stakeholders and work with the Project Manager to establish deadlines.
- Organizational skills to regulate the vast influx of information and work within allocated budget.
- Modeling skills to represent requirements in a graphical manner by converting technical matter to a natural language, including using modeling languages already in practice within the organization.
- An understanding of contemporary requirements gathering, analysis, validation, and management practice.
- Insurance or financial services experience. Knowledge of life insurance industry practices, including knowledge of rules, processes, and forms used in new business applications for life products and annuities.
- An understanding of requirements engineering accommodating several software development lifecycles within the project.
- Application knowledge is desirable so as to be able to work effectively with end users.
- Familiarity with the complete scope of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Work with the project sponsor to identify and document the product or service vision and project scope.
- Identify project stakeholders and user groups.
- Solicit requirements by conducting interviews, performing data and document analysis, surveys, site visits, etc.
- Write requirements specifications according to organization practices using language that is clear, concise and encompassing for a diverse audience.
- Decompress high-level customer and end user requirements into functional requirements, suitable in quality and detail to be used by team members who must base their work on these requirements.
- Define quality benchmarks, external interfaces, and other project constraints.
- Offer requirements in traditional formats, or where appropriate prototype layouts or alternative solutions.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, opportunities for career growth, employee stock purchase plan, 401(k), generous time off and flexible work/life balance, company-matched retirement packages, employee wellness program, and an awards and recognition program – all in a creative, fast-growing, and innovative company.
Founded in 1995, iPipeline is a unit of Roper Technologies (NYSE: ROP), a constituent of the S&P 500® and Fortune 500® indices. As a leading provider of cloud-based software solutions for the life insurance and financial services industry, our business is to accelerate and simplify sales, compliance operations and customer support. We automate processing for every stage of the business – from pre-sales, new business and underwriting to policy administration, point-of-sale execution, post-sale support and data analytics. We offer the broadest range of integrated solutions used by a leading community of carriers/providers, distributors, financial institutions, and financial professionals to enable them to secure the financial futures of their customers and their families.
iPipeline is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, and/or protected veteran status. We are committed to building a supportive and inclusive environment for all employees.