Are you a bright and imaginative individual who is seeking an environment where you will impact the direction of a globalized product platform and be a key contributor to the success of a growing business? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst to join our team!
Reporting to the Product Director, the Business Analyst works closely with the Product Owners to ensure product success by serving as a conduit between Customers, Account Managers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters and Development team leads.
The successful candidate will fulfill strategic information gathering with our clients from around the world to determine their business requirements, detailed application design and specifications that support their organizational performance, training and integration needs. This includes but is not limited to working with internal and external business stakeholders to gather product requirements, analyze them in consultation with Product Owners, and see them through the full SDLC to completion.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Product Owners to document feature vision, scope, requirements, wireframes, etc.
- Translate high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements suitable for Development & Quality Assurance.
- Assist in product backlog prioritization.
- Write detailed workflow descriptions for all use cases of a feature, participate in feature walk-throughs, and clearly articulate how a feature is intended to perform.
- Ensure business requirements are clear, understandable, audience appropriate and accurate to meet business needs.
- Interface with Development and Quality Assurance to investigate defects, provide clarification and ensure solution alignment to requirements.
- Participate in forums, customer feedback sessions and working groups to learn about and document user feedback for incorporation in future product updates.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Business Analyst.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially the ability to articulate business requirements clearly and concisely.
- Strong presentation skills, especially the ability to present the needs of the business as technical requirements with acceptance criteria for development team members.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build trust with internal and external product stakeholders
- Fundamental understanding of the components of a multi-tier, enterprise grade, multi-language/multi-currency web application, preferably those that utilize MVC and/or ORM technologies.
- Experience with the following applications are considered assets for the role: Postman, curl, Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, Airtable, Jira, Google Analytics/Google Tag Manager, Zapier
Benefits & Perks we offer:
- Hybrid work Model (home and office schedule)
- Casual dress code
- Health and Dental plan
- Additional days off provided during summer
- Office features an open work space, lots of natural light and a great lunch room
- Social Committee to plan fantastic office & corporate events, team outings, Summer BBQ lunches etc.
- Free parking
At GryphTech, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and clients feel valued, respected and supported as such we are committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the application process and wish to learn more about our accommodation policies, contact us.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Mississauga, ON L4W 4L5