Position: Senior IT Security Engineer
Client: Federal Government Client
Duration: 1 year initial + extensions
Security Clearance: Federal Government Secret Clearance
Our federal government client requires a team of qualified resources to assist in a IT continuity and security related project. This project includes servicing business applications that support and streamline work processes, access data, and process millions of benefit-related transactions to address the needs of Canadian Citizens. Our client requires subject-matter specialists to perform legacy (infrastructure & application) and Cloud (CSP, IaaS, PaaS & SaaS) specific security architecture/design, SA&A and other related security tasks. Our client also requires professional services resources who are able to leverage Cloud services and Cloud applications in a secure way that ensures continuity and quality of service.
- Valid Government of Canada Security Clearance at the level of Secret
- College Diploma/University Degree in Mathematics or Engineering
- 5 years experience developing security solutions
- 2 references
Responsibilities could entail:
- Review, analyze, and apply Federal, Provincial or Territorial IT Security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures to IT Systems Security Assessment & Authorization (SA&A);
- Conduct Security Assessment & Authorization (SA&A) activities;
- Provide IT Security Solution knowledge information related to Security Assessment & Authorization on DevSecOps Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Provide IT Security Solution knowledge information related to Security Assessment & Authorization on Cloud (CSP, IaaS, PaaS & SaaS)
- Identify threats and vulnerabilities to IT systems
- Identify personnel, technical, physical, and procedural threats to and vulnerabilities
- Develop reports such as: Threat assessments, Non-technical Vulnerability Assessments, Risk assessments, IT Security threat, vulnerability and/or risk briefings
- Review, analyze, and apply Federal, Provincial or Territorial IT Security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures to Request for Proposal (RFP) and contract clauses
- Provide strategic assessments on technology trends and emerging technologies;
- Reviewing or implementing:
- Directory Standards such as X.400, X.500, and SMTP; Microsoft's Active Directory (AD) Microsoft's Azure Active Directory (AAD)
- o Operating Systems such as MS, Unix, Linux, and Novell; o Networking Protocols such as HTTP, FTP, and Telnet;
- o Secure IT architectures fundamentals, standards, communications and security protocols such as IPSec, IPv6, TLS/SSL, and SSH;
- o IT Security protocols at all layers of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) and Transmission Control;
- o Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) stacks;
- o Domain Name Services (DNS) and Network Time Protocols (NTP);
- o Network routers, multiplexers and switches;
- o Application, host and/or Network hardening and security best practices such as shell scripting, service identification, and access control; vNets UDR Tables NSG’s ASG’s
- o Intrusion detection/prevention systems, malicious code defence, file integrity, Enterprise Security Management and/or firewalls; FortiGate Firewall
- Wireless technology;
- o Cryptographic Algorithms;
- o Logging, Monitoring and Auditing standard; Microfocus Arcsight Microsoft Azure Sentinel Solicitation No. – No de l’invitation Amd. No – No de la modif. Buyer ID – Id de l’acheteur WS4174584241 Client Ref. No. – No de réf. De client File No. – No du dossier CCC No./ No CCC – FMS No/ No VME G9292-221180 G9292-221180 Microsoft Azure Secure Center
- o Cloud (IaaS, PaaS & SaaS) Security; Microsoft Azure Amazon Web Services (AWS)Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, and maintain security systems and protocols to protect company assets and data
- Conduct regular security assessments and vulnerability testing to identify potential risks and weaknesses
- Monitor network traffic and system logs for suspicious activity or breaches
- Investigate security incidents and provide incident response support
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure security best practices are followed in system design and development
- Stay up-to-date with the latest security trends, technologies, and threats
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- Strong knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, and VPN
- Experience with securing Linux-based systems and AWS cloud environments
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Java for developing secure applications
- Familiarity with mobile security principles and iOS platform
- Experience with virtualization technologies like VMWare
- Ability to analyze and interpret security logs and events
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
Note: Additional qualifications may be required based on specific job requirements.
At our company, we offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits packages, and opportunities for career growth. Join our team of dedicated security professionals to make a meaningful impact in protecting our organization's assets.
If you meet the qualifications outlined above and are passionate about cybersecurity, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your resume along with a cover letter explaining your interest in the Security Engineer position.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 24 months
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Do you currently hold a valid Secret clearance with the government of Canada?
- Do you hold a College Diploma/University Degree in Mathematics or Engineering?
- Do you have 5 years experience developing security solutions?
Work Location: Remote