Alpha College offers post-secondary and language programs to both domestic and international students in Toronto. Our vision is to prepare and empower students to become global citizens who make an impact on their communities through leadership and collaboration.
Alpha College is a registered education provider through Alpha College of Business and Technology with the Ministry Colleges and Universities, Private Career Colleges Branch. Through this branch, Alpha College offers quality training to domestic and international students in their desired discipline and has a partnership with St. Lawrence College. Following the St. Lawrence curriculum, each semester is designed to meet the challenges unique to international students and exceed academic expectations through a combination of theory and hands-on experience.
The International Student Recruitment Manager supports the effective design, execution, and evaluation of Alpha’s Marketing strategy, with a focus on student recruitment strategies and related marketing and recruitment of international students for the College. This includes developing and maintaining agent relationships to further expand Alpha’s network of student recruitment. This role will require domestic, national and international travel and requires access to a reliable car for regular recruitment and promotion of Alpha College. This role will have people management responsibility, and directly oversee the current and expanding team of Student Recruitment Managers (Regional Assignments), and will have a broad oversight of the department without any specific regional focus.
Highlight of Duties:
- Support the promotion of the college in the international market;
- Assist in the development of advertising strategies and campaigns internationally;
- Develop and maintain relationships with and conduct on-going training for counsellors of educational advising partners or agents internationally;
- Increase international student enrolment at Alpha College by recruiting international students;
- Leads the development of recruitment presentations and promotional materials that address the needs of various prospective student audiences as needed;
- Assist the marketing team with planning, execution and maintenance of new student orientation, on-campus clubs, convocation ceremony and various student events; and
- Additional duties as assigned.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- 5+ years of international student recruitment experience for secondary and/or post-secondary institutions is required
- 3+ in a marketing position within the education sector is preferred
- MBA degree required or a related master’s degree with a focus in marketing or communications specialization
- Access to reliable vehicle, with a valid G license
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, as necessary
- Flexibility to work rotating schedule that corresponds with international time zones as required
- Intermediate skill in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Highly effective organizational skills, flexibility, and adaptability
- Strong cross-cultural communication (verbal and written) and efficient teamwork skills
- Highly detail oriented and the ability to effectively problem solve
- High degree of time management skills and able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines
- Ability to work independently, take responsibility and be self motivated to achieve goals
The values we hold at Alpha Collage are integrity, quality, diversity, respect, teamwork and innovation. If these values connect with who you are, and you meet the qualifications for the role, we encourage you to apply and tell us a little bit about yourself.
No phone calls, faxes or recruitment agencies, only applications through Indeed will be considered. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation, please let us know.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $80,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Scarborough, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- How would you attract students to attend Alpha College?
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- student recruitment: 5 years (required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person