Eagles Nest is a non-profit organization dedicated to working with youth in group home environments. Eagle’s Nest Youth Ranch provides quality care, counseling, and therapeutic social and educational programs to individuals living in our group living environments. We work collaboratively with the individual's in our care, their families, and community groups to facilitate individual growth and social change in ways that improve lives.
We are seeking a full-time Human Resources Administrator for our Saskatoon office. This person will work onsite and will be responsible for reception and general office administration as well as various HR-related functions.
DAYS AND TIMES OF WORK:
Mon-Fri, 9:00-5:00 with lunch 12:00-1:00.
RESPONSIBILITIES - Recruitment/Human Resources:
- Manage the entire recruitment process: maintain a resume database, pre-screen applicants, arrange interviews, assist new hires in completing required paperwork, deliver orientation, create their agency email, populate our HR management system, and create and update paper personnel files
- Manage a list of casual employees: maintain an updated list of casual employees’ names, contact info, assigned manager, and availability. Oversee cohorting of the list when necessary
- Maintain an on-call schedule: develop and distribute the upcoming on-call schedule, fill vacancies in the on-call schedule as they occur
- Assist in developing and updating ENYR policies, procedures, and various print materials, subject to approval of senior management
- Facilitate training: Generate training reports, identify and notify managers of employees’ training needs, book facilities, arrange instructors, take registrations, track and record attendees and training completion, and arrange any necessary payments.
- Train fellow members of the HR team: provide job-specific orientation and training, ongoing guidance and instruction to one another, allow job shadowing, answer questions, share and collaborate on an ongoing basis
- Provide holiday coverage for fellow HR teammates
- Remain up-to-date on industry best practices, legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resource functions
- Provide guidance and assistance to managers regarding human resource functions and employment legislation including The Saskatchewan Employment Act, OH&S, Human Rights, etc
RESPONSIBILITIES - Office Administration:
- Provide general office reception and administration, including answering phones and directing faxes, mail, incoming calls, and visitors accordingly, responding to inquiries, complete filing and photocopying, creating and maintaining accurate, up-to-date recordkeeping systems, etc
- Schedule and organize events, meetings, workshops and training sessions as required
- Maintain on-site employee & client paper and electronic files
- Maintain a clean and orderly office building and adequate stock of office & cleaning supplies, agency packages, handbooks, & manuals
- Book/organize meetings, interviews, facilities, events etc & take registrations/RSVPs
- Attend meetings, take minutes, and facilitate the follow-up on action items
- Serve as an intermediary between Saskatoon and head office in Prince Albert to facilitate the communication of info, timely submission of paperwork, etc
- Serve as a 'catch-all' for info & assistance in areas not necessarily better handled by others within the organization
Other reasonable duties as required/assigned.
- Exceptional resourcefulness in order to "hit the ground running"
- Self-starter, exceptional initiative
- Excellent organizational skills & attention to detail
- Degree/Diploma in Human Resources and previous experience working within or supporting a Human Resources Department
- Previous experience with recruitment and onboarding
- Working knowledge of labour legislation and human resource practices and principles
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Internet, Office365, & office equipment
- Familiarity with Sage HRMS is an asset
- Strong, accurate keyboarding skills
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Familiarity with First Nations culture is an asset
- Criminal Record Check is required
We appreciate all applicants; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: Up to $26.95 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you able to provide a CLEAR Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Check?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Human Resources / Recruiting: 1 year (required)
- fluent English (required)
- driver's license (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-10
Expected start date: 2023-11-01