MasterBUILT® Hotels develops, builds, manages and invests in best-in-class, select service hotels across Canada. MasterBUILT lives and breathes hospitality, developing more ground up hotels than other company in North America. As a Platinum Standard winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, MasterBUILT believes in investing in the development of talented people with a passion for delivering exceptional results and a desire to learn and grow.
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham is an all new construction, limited service hotel brand targeting the midscale segment of the market. Part of the Wyndham Hotel Group family of brands, Microtel has won the JD Power & Associates award for top guest satisfaction in its segment 16 of the past 17 years – an unprecedented achievement in any industry – and has consistently been rated #1 in its segment for RevPAR market penetration in the U.S. (based on STR data).
Within Canada, Microtel is the fastest growing new construction brand in the country with over 40 new hotels scheduled to open by 2025. Microtel’s rapid growth is backed by the strength of MasterBUILT® Hotels’ commitment to develop at least 75 Microtel hotels by 2036, making it one of the most dynamic new brands to ever enter the Canadian marketplace.
MAINTENANCE PERSONNEL / WORKER
Microtel Inn & Suites Summerside, PEI
The Maintenance Personnel / Worker will be responsible for participating in the activities of the Maintenance Department in a manner that will ensure the hotel guests are provided with well-maintained rooms, along with a secure place to stay. They will monitor and properly maintain all equipment within the property. This is a part-time position and the successful candidate must be available to work early mornings, late evenings and weekends.
- Plan and carry out preventive maintenance throughout the hotel to ensure the safe and efficient running of all equipment
- Prioritize and carry out maintenance as requested by departments
- Maintain lot and outdoor facilities
- Be knowledgeable about the consumption and conservation of energy in the property
- Test fire alarms, emergency lighting etc. on a routine basis as required by federal, provincial and company standards
- Maintain records of repair work, test work and daily checks as required by federal, provincial and company standards
- Liaise closely with Guest Services and Housekeeping regarding "off market" rooms
- Complete deep cleaning duties, following safe and cost effective cleaning procedures
- Maintain the safe and hygienic upkeep of the swimming pool using all chemicals in accordance with management/manufacturer's instructions
- 1-2 years of experience working in a maintenance role, previous hotel experience considered an asset
- Previous pool experience considered an asset
- Experience with basic hand tools
Mission Critical Competencies
- Mechanically inclined
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs.
- Strong attention to detail, quality workmanship
- Ability to demonstrate being both a leader and team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be flexible to work various shifts including early mornings, late evenings and weekends
- Ability to left and carry objects up to 50 lbs.
MASTERBUILT HOTELS OFFERS:
- A compensation package that provides incentives and rewards performance
- A flexible benefits package that supports various personal/family situations and work environments
- A rewarding corporate culture that fosters a positive team and family spirit
- A cooperative management team that is strategic and forward thinking
- A fast paced environment with opportunities for advancement
Please apply online at https://masterbuiltsuperior.bamboohr.com/careers/567. We thank all applicants for their submissions, but only those deemed qualified by our hiring manager will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please note Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIAs) are not supported for this position. Legal entitlement to work in Canada is required.
[ + Add ]