ANDRITZ. Where passion meets career.
Every day, ANDRITZ continues to deliver successful innovative solutions to our customers globally. Why are we so successful? Because we are passionate and love what we do! We are at the forefront of future engineering technologies, with solutions that ensure the success of our clients in key industries that are shaping the future of the world we live in.
ANDRITZ offers a hybrid work arrangement, combining teleworking and attendance in the office. *You will be based at one of our offices in the Greater Montreal Area*. #Hybrid #HybridPosition
As the first equipment manufacturer in Canada and a world leader in the design of hydroelectric turbines, Andritz Hydro Canada has more than 170 years of know-how.
In a context of world energy transition, our hydroelectric innovation projects make sense. From design to construction, our innovative team of experts offers turnkey solutions. By joining Andritz Hydro Canada, you are contributing to the development of sustainable technology, a clean future, and the maintenance of a proud Quebecer's expertise (or Canadian depending on the site we advertise).
From water to wire – Be part of the movement!
Summary of the role
Reporting directly to the Sales & Business Development Manager for the Automation and Electrical Power Systems product line, the Technical Proposal Specialist will be responsible for estimating the engineering time and material cost to ensure accurate project execution budgets during the proposal preparation. We are looking for a specialist in the field of hydro turbine excitation and governor technology and/or power plant control & protection. Experience with all the technologies mentioned above is a definite asset.
- Contribute to preparing winning proposals for the Automation product line, including spare parts & service quotations. This will include proposals issued directly to clients and for indirect (internal) sales.
- Read, analyze, interpret, and summarize the scope of work and the technical specifications included with requests for proposal issued by the clients.
- Play central role in defining the technical solution ensuring a winning proposal that meets the client needs.
- Coordinate the technical proposal preparation with involved departments internally, as well as with suppliers and clients as needed, working closely with the proposal manager assigned for the overall bid preparation.
- Prepare the technical narratives, table of spec compliance, list of technical exceptions, alternatives and options as required for the bid.
- Assist in preparing the preliminary project schedule to ensure realistic and well though-trough execution plan that will be submitted for client’s evaluation.
- Perform the technical risk analysis and prepare a mitigation plan for identified potential project execution risks.
- Challenge the supporting teams on proposed solutions and costs.
- Act as client’s main technical point of contact at the time of proposal preparation, clarification, and final negotiations.
- Respect the approval process for internal and external bids.
- Generate ideas to improve technical solutions and offerings.
Why do you fit the profile?
Successful teams share objectives, and they also share values! In addition to your strong skills and experience, we need someone with high motivation, a positive mindset, and a willingness to be part of a team.
The ideal candidate should be willing to work in a complex, fast-paced environment, with evolving priorities. Result and solution-oriented candidates who follow through with ideas and commitments will perform well within ANDRITZ. As our projects have large scopes and often require years to be completed, your perseverance will be valued with us.
- Electrical Technician or Technologist, or Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of technical experience in hydro power generation or similar industry (automation, power generation or conversion systems, substations, etc.). The experience may include project engineering, equipment installation, commissioning, service work at site, etc. in the electrical and automation field.
- Knowledge and understanding of technical specifications for control, protection, excitation, speed control products and medium voltage equipment.
- Ability to interpret and summarize technical specifications and formulate technical solutions meeting the client’s needs.
- Demonstrated success in effective customer communication within a similar industrial environment.
- Ability to conduct technical negotiations based on constructive argumentation and with positive attitude.
- Good technical presentation skills.
- Enthusiastic, organized, creative and innovative person.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - easily collaborates with others.
- Results oriented.
- Willing to travel occasionally, mainly across Canada.
- Bilingual (French and English, spoken and written).
What do we offer
- Life, disability, dental and extended health insurance;
- Pension plan;
- Hybrid work mode;
- Performance share plan;
- Employee assistance program;
- Employee individualized training and career plan.
Did you know?
Andritz Hydro is:
- Over 170 years of experience in turbine design
- Over 471,000 MW of installed and upgraded capacity
- Over 32,000 turbine units delivered
- Over 125 years in electrical engineering
- 65 representative offices worldwide
- More than 7000 employees worldwide including 310 in Quebec
- Over 50 Compact Hydro units per year
- A complete range of designs up to 800 MW
- 20 manufacturing sites worldwide
- 10 test beds worldwide
- Legal status to work in Canada is required.