About Burgundy Diamond Mines
Burgundy Diamond Mines is a premier global diamond company that proudly produces and delivers ethically sourced diamonds from mine to market. Tracing diamonds end-to-end from its world-renowned Ekati Diamond Mine in Canada’s Northwest Territories, right through to retail diamond sales, creates unquestionable diamond origin and traceability.
Founded in Perth, Western Australia, Burgundy has established itself in the market through its innovative strategy and unique vertically integrated business model, focused on capturing margins along the full value chain of the diamond market. Burgundy is part of CanadaMark™, a program that assures manufacturers, retailers and customers, that Burgundy Diamonds are sustainably produced and support ethical investment in Canadian Northern Indigenous communities.
Burgundy has an office and a cutting and polishing facility in Perth, Australia, an office in Calgary, Canada and a diamond sales office in Antwerp, Belgium.
Reporting to the Team Leader – Electrical Services and working two (2) week on / two (2) week off rotation at the Ekati Mine site, this role will be responsible for surface and underground electrical installations, power distribution, preventative maintenance programs and process equipment systems.
Perform activities related to the electrical construction, maintenance, repair or testing on energized and deenergized power distribution power, as required up to system voltage limits
- Install, repair, troubleshoot and maintain electrical distribution systems including power cables, transformers and other associated equipment
- Safely operate heavy duty utility equipment including bucket trucks, and related equipment as required
- Recognize, assess and control potentially hazardous situations in the work environment
- Function effectively as an integral part of a work group
- Work safely in all conditions
- Alterations and housekeeping of substations
- Advising of hazards and safe practices to groups walking under energized highline (Environment Department)
- Remaining in a call out ready status in the event of a highline failure after normal work hours
- Inspections of tooling and high voltage PPE to ensure good operating condition.
- Troubleshooting on process systems such as VFD's and motors.
- roubleshoot and Repair Building maintenance systems and fire alarm.
- Journeyperson Electrician – Red Seal Certificate.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent;
- Minimum of five years’ related mining experience.
- Work proactively within a strong safe culture.
- Participate and lead safety meetings.
- Possess SAP skills as well as general computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Work in a team setting, as well as work independently
- Ability to take direction
- Participate in training and professional development
- Maintain a strong focus on safety standards and policies
What we offer
At Burgundy Diamond Mines, we believe people are our most important asset. This is why we are fully committed to the health, safety and well-being of our employees. We believe in establishing strong lasting and respectful relationships with the people and communities with whom we work.
We are dedicated to developing our workforce and to creating an environment where people can learn, grow and take on new responsibilities. We build capacity within our workforce by offering leadership training, apprenticeship positions and adult education initiatives.
Burgundy Diamond Mines offers a competitive salary, performance bonus and total compensation package, including company paid extended health, dental and vision care, an Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP), employer matched pension, generous paid vacation and personal days, as well as a Dependent Scholarship Program and employee discounts. On site we provide accommodations and meals, a fully equipped gym and recreation facilities.
The Company provides travel to and from the Ekati mine site out of Calgary, Yellowknife, and other northern fly points.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants from our Impact Benefit Agreement (IBA) Groups. Members should clearly identify their IBA status on the online job application and resume to receive priority consideration.
Visit www.burgundydiamonds.com to apply and to learn more about our operations.
Closing Date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.