Production Technician - Ste Agathe, Manitoba
Meet Manitoba Harvest
Manitoba Harvest is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tilray, Inc. (NASDAQ | TSX: TLRY), and is the world’s largest hemp foods company and offers a portfolio of hemp foods and wellness products to consumers across North America. Our mission is to inspire a better way, a better life & a better world – and it’s up to us to sow these seeds of change. Our mission is to transform consumer health through the power of hemp foods.
Tilrayis a leading global cannabis-lifestyle and consumer packaged goods company with operations in Canada, the United States, Europe, Australia, and Latin America that is changing people's lives for the better – one person at a time – by inspiring and empowering the worldwide community to live their very best life by providing them with products that meet the needs of their mind, body, and soul and invoke a sense of wellbeing. Tilray’s mission is to be the trusted partner for its patients and consumers by providing them with a cultivated experience and health and wellbeing through high-quality, differentiated brands and innovative products. A pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, and distribution, Tilray’s unprecedented production platform supports over 20 brands in over 20 countries, including comprehensive cannabis offerings, hemp-based foods, and alcoholic beverages.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Manitoba Harvest has an opening for a Production Technician to join our Production team. This position is based out of our Hemp Oil Canada facility located in Ste. Agathe, MB - an enjoyable 15-minute drive south of the perimeter on Highway 75.
The Production Technician will be primarily responsible for the operation, processing and packaging of the Granola process. In addition, will be responsible for the cleaning and sanitation of equipment and work area.
Role and Responsibilities
- Operate and attend to equipment in the Granola production process operation in accordance with SOPs.
- Ensures materials and supplies are ready for use during the shift.
- Prepares ingredients batches for production.
- Packages finished product in totes.
- Performs product quality checks as per procedures.
- Review the product through specified production process, recognizing areas of defect and taking appropriate actions to rectify them.
- Conduct all work to organizational standards to ensure final product meets quality standards.
- Maintains all necessary documentation associated with tasks performed.
- Disassembles, cleans, sanitizes and reassembles various pieces of equipment.
- Keeps work area clean and performs general housekeeping as required.
- Performs minor or daily equipment maintenance.
- Complies with all Safety and Food Quality policies and procedures.
- Assists other areas as required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Experience in a manufacturing environment– food preferred
- Experience in processing and machine operation an asset.
- Physically capable of lifting up to 50lbs.
- Pallet jack or forklift license or willing to obtain.
- Flexible to work rotating weekends.
- Able to work on production environment.
- Reading, writing and speaking English
Tilray Brands welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). High Park does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Tilray Brands Inc., please send an email inquiry to [email protected]
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $16.50-$17.50 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ste. Agathe, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- What is your desired hourly wage? (CAD)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person