Northern Doors is currently seeking a Service Technician Assistant to join our team. We are a well-established, family-orientated company located in Grande Prairie, AB. Northern Doors services, maintains and installs an extensive range of products, such as commercial overhead doors, residential garage doors, hollow metal man doors and so much more.
- Assist lead overhead door technicians with installations, repairs and service of Overhead Doors, Garage Doors, Electric Operators, Gate Operators, etc.
- Assist the lead hands in maintaining and completing paperwork including workorders, and safety forms, as required.
- Work closely with the shop foreman: loading, unloading, inventory control, and general housekeeping.
- Driving company vehicles, to and from jobsites.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Previous experience in the door industry or general construction knowledge is an asset but is not required.
- Must be reliable, have a positive attitude, and have a strong work ethic.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Must have the ability to work comfortably at various heights.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift over 75lbs; comfortably, independently and repetitively throughout the day.
- Must be able to walk, stand and/or kneel for long periods of time, while performing required tasks.
- Must have the ability to work in varying weather conditions.
- Must be able to read, write, & speak English fluently.
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.
- Reliable transportation to and from work is required.
- Any relevant safety training and safety tickets are an asset; such as Aerial Work Platform, Fall Protection, H2S, First Aid, Forklift Training, etc.
- Must have safety-rated steel-toed boots and a hard hat.
This is a permanent, full-time position. Our hours of operation are Monday to Friday 8 am-5 pm. Our company provides 24-hour emergency service. Some weekends and overtime will be required. Working out of town will also be required on occasion.
Training will be provided for the right candidate. There is an opportunity for growth within our company. The wage offered is based on experience. The company health benefit plan is available after 3 months.
Coveralls will be provided.
Please send us your resume including your references. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Types: Permanent, Apprenticeship, Full-time
Salary: $22.00-$25.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Grande Prairie, AB T8V 5L3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Construction: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person