The incumbent is responsible for assisting the Claims Management team with the timely processing and coordination of claims files. Provides high quality and timely front-line customer service to internal and external stakeholders and administrative support to the Claims team.
The incumbent is expected to behave ethically and follow the established code of business conduct, policies and internal control procedures, laws and regulations governing Toronto Hydro.
Toronto Hydro has implemented a mandatory vaccination requirement for all its employees. Proof of full vaccination will be required upon receiving a conditional offer of employment. Toronto Hydro will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to disability or any other ground protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- Creates claims files, acknowledges receipt of claims, requests information needed to assess the claim and distributes recovery claims file to team members for timely action.
- Supports the Claims Investigation Specialist by gathering and organizing internal investigation information. Inputs and maintains data into an electronic repository system for tracking and recall purposes for claims data system integrity & quality.
- Coordinates the collection and submission of monthly loss run reports from insurance adjusting firm representing Toronto Hydro.
- Coordinates with insurance companies to get claim file numbers and adjuster information, processes claim and litigation invoices to ensure process milestones are met and deliverables are completed in a timely manner with the required level of quality.
- Performs ad hoc duties that are required for the effective and efficient administration of the Claims Management team.
- Prepares electronic claim files by gathering information such as photos, police reports, MTO reports, damage estimates and other supporting information for efficient access.
- Assists in the claims resolution process by providing information to Toronto Hydro’s insurance adjusting firm.
- Coordinates with various internal groups to ensure all property damage is reported and marked appropriately within the electronic financial repository system.
Customer Service Support:
- Key initial contact for internal/external inquiries, information and requests; provides the front line, direct contact support (both by email and telephone) with external and internal customers to receive and acknowledge liability, property damage, street lighting and vehicle accident claims.
- Directly responsible for monitoring email inboxes related to claims against Toronto Hydro and Toronto Hydro property damage claims and directing incoming correspondence as appropriate to optimize the process for both the customer and organization.
- Undergraduate degree or College Diploma in Law, business, insurance or related field.
- Two (2) years of experience in a customer service or claims management capacity.
- Strong sense of professionalism with dealing with all internal and external customers.
- Adapts positively to changes and maintains focus and flexibility when encountering difficulties or obstacles.
- Professional telephone, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Takes initiative to be proactive at resolving customer issues with a positive outcome.
- Maintain a high level of personal standards and conduct, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a well-organized, electronic and manual filing system, both current and archived.
- Highly skilled in the use of PC software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database and electronic calendar/mail) and other in - house software.
- Proficient in written communication for letter writing.
Toronto Hydro has introduced a Hybrid Work Arrangement. This position allows for remote work up to three days per week, based on business needs. Employees will be required to come onsite on those days when they are involved in activities that they or their leader feel are better conducted in person. You are expected to live in Ontario and within reasonable commuting distance of the office. #LI-Hybrid
Job Segment: Liability, Administrative Assistant, Claims, Law, Database, Insurance, Administrative, Legal, Technology