Position: MRO Manager
Mecaer Aviation Group, or MAG, is an international provider of solutions for landing gear systems, interior finishing and refurbishment, maintenance, repair and overhaul for the helicopter, business jet and aviation markets in general. Mecaer’s customers include AgustaWestland, Bell Helicopter Textron, Airbus Helicopters Diamond Aircraft, Eclipse Aerospace, United Technology Corporation, Korean Aerospace and Turkish Aerospace, among others.
Reporting to the Vice President & General Manager, responsible for developing and executing strategies to optimize the process for the procurement, sale and management of aircraft parts, materials, and maintenance related services. The MRO Manager is responsible for both developing revenue and profit growth strategies.
The Manager will have responsibility for the MRO business unit and will be accountable for the achievement of key financial, operating, customer, and talent development targets. Provide leadership and oversight for the team to ensure that proper market research is carried out for the procurement and repair of parts and components. Oversee the development and implementation of various tools to facilitate transactions with the entire supplier base and repair vendors for bringing greater transparencies and efficiencies. Work closely with Engineering, Planning, and Supply Chain operations to manage the company’s parts and inventory through product Life Cycle Management and CMM. Deliver cost driven initiatives to promote the benefits across the organization.
- Responsible for the effective management of MRO product lines and drive product cost management in part repairs, procurement and surplus sales
- Coordinate business strategies with key leaders throughout the Company and business partners
- Processes review, integration and enhancement to match business needs and initiatives objectives, covering the key technical and cross-functional requirements with Finance, Engineering, Planning, and Supply Chain
- Continuous Improvement
- Oversee all MRO Product Life Cycle
- Compliance to Business Processes and Policies
- Performance analysis and reporting
- Ensure capital plan development and expenditure management
- Serve as the business leader responsible for providing the overall strategic direction for the Commercial Segment Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (Aftermarket) Group
- Accountable for leading and championing the key business strategies that are critical to achieving all business plan objectives.
- Reviews activity reports, operating metrics and financial performance for the Repair Station to determine progress and status in attaining objectives
- Involved in maintaining close line of communications with key customers and suppliers and making key decisions relevant to pertinent business issues affecting account activities.
- Develop and implement a robust process to monitor and mitigate in service issues involving the company's' products. Will also drive the organization to develop product improvements because of in service issues.
- Oversee key hiring and talent development programs and activities.
- Function as a core member of the leadership team responsible for developing strategies and roadmaps to increase market share, brand, and customer awareness.
- Participate in Business Unit strategy discussions to develop a deep understanding of the company and aviation industry and incorporate business development recommendations that support strategic direction.
- Interface with Italian parent company to develop and maintain global product support network
- Support identification and evaluation of geographic expansion opportunities
- Supporting identification of new MRO capabilities
- Aeronautic Engineering related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Experience managing and directing complex, and diverse team
- Comprehensive understanding of Supply Chain Planning and Management
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Self-Motivated Engrained Continuous Improvement experience
- A minimum 7-10 years’ experience in fields Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul
- Travel Required across network
- Proven knowledge and record of accomplishment in delivering productivity improvement initiatives.
- Liaison experience with the Transport Canada, EASA and/or other aviation industry agents.
- Experience with P&L and business plan strategy.
- Working knowledge of inspection procedures, methods, equipment, and accepted industry standards
- Ability to manage a high volume of assignments with varying complexity and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Must be resourceful, use sound judgment, and understand when to elevate issues due to risk or complexity.
- Proficiency using various software, applications, and MRP
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualifications
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
Salary: 87 969$ à 101 164$
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $87,969.00-$101,164.00 per year
- Language training provided
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Laval, QC H7L 6C4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person