We are seeking a Lead Farm Hand to live on the Cook Ranch property and take care of the Ranch’s animals and assist with the restoration, security & maintenance of the property.
- Morning and evening chores related to the Ranch’s animals; cleaning shelters, feeding/watering horses, horse and animal care.
- Monitoring horses for warning signs of health concerns/distress and address with owner/vet, etc. Assist with medications, farrier, ongoing rehabilitation & basic training of horses.
- Complete basic repairs to fences, shelters, etc.
- General property maintenance; grass cutting, snow removal, etc. There is the opportunity to assist with the annual harvesting of various crops.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience with horses, general horse care, rehabilitation, and socialization
- Competent operating a skid steer, tractor, and trailer
- Able to work with or without supervision, inclined to take initiative and be proactive
- Mechanical aptitude physically fit and able to lift a minimum of 50lbs independently
- Capable to speak and write in English, good communication skills
- Legally able to work in Canada
- Veterinary technician training or certification is an asset
The successful candidate will be provided accommodations which is to be included in the annual salary.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- horse care: 10 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person