Job Number: 47614
1 temporary full-time position for 8 months intended specifically for students currently enrolled in a co-op or equivalent post-secondary work experience degree program, commencing in January 2024
At the heart of the City of Edmonton is a community of city builders, problem solvers, listeners and doers. We’re a modern municipal corporation, serving nearly one million people and looking to attract and inspire one million more. With more than 70 services, our work connects us to almost every aspect of Edmontonians’ daily lives. And working together, we’re building a thriving, sustainable and welcoming home for Edmontonians of today and tomorrow.
The Office of the City Manager Department Strategy team plans, promotes and advocates change that moves this city towards the Edmonton envisioned by the residents we serve. The work of this team concentrates on supporting two departments (Financial & Corporate Services and Office of the City Manager) and ten branches across the City of Edmonton.
Want to help improve the City of Edmonton by implementing process and service improvements? Not only do you get to be part of an impactful and engaging initiative, within a diverse and enthusiastic team, you’ll get hands-on experience with process improvement projects and stakeholder engagement. You’ll help with a variety of tasks such as information gathering, process mapping, research and analysis and more!
- Support the team, focusing on the process improvement projects related to streamlining business processes and identifying efficiencies and areas of improvement
- Solicit and analyze stakeholder feedback related to current state business processes and identify potential areas of improvement
- Conduct information collection, research, process mapping, best practices scans and gap analysis
- Create communication materials (i.e. presentations, reports) to support implementation and change management activities
- Undertake project coordination, with supervision, relating to risk management, performance measurement, service experience and improvement, strategic and business analysis, etc
- Perform other related duties as required
Note: This position may be a combination of working from home and on-site working conditions.
- Currently enrolled in a co-op or equivalent post-secondary work experience degree program
- Knowledge or experience with business process improvement and stakeholder engagement
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to maintain strong working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to express ideas and concepts effectively, both oral and written (i.e. making technical information meaningful to a general audience)
- Ability to handle and manage sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in the absence of a supervisor
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to conduct research using various methodology and provide detailed analysis of information using statistical techniques and quantitative analysis
- Demonstrate alignment with the Cultural Commitments of Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent, fostering an environment for others to do the same. For more information on the City’s Cultural Commitments, please visit edmonton.ca/our-culture
- Demonstrate the foundational competencies, key behaviours and attributes of the City’s six leadership competencies: Courage, Inclusivity, Values-Based Influencer, Collaborative Networker, Systems Thinker and Creative Innovator. For more information on the City’s leadership competencies, please visit edmonton.ca/our-culture
- Applicants may be tested
- Please note, as part of your application, we ask that you attach an unofficial transcript or an enrollment verification letter (indicating you are enrolled in a co-op or related post-secondary work experience degree program). Talent sourced through this process may be considered for similar opportunities within the City.
The City of Edmonton is committed to inclusive, respectful and equitable workplaces that represent the communities we serve. We continuously improve our systems, policies and practices to remove barriers and ensure our employees, in all their diversity, can succeed. We value applicants with a diverse range of skills, experiences and competencies, and encourage you to apply. To learn more, see the Art of Inclusion: Our Diversity and Inclusion Framework and Indigenous Framework.
The City of Edmonton strives to provide reasonable access and accommodations throughout the application and selection process. If you would like to request an accommodation at any stage of the process, please contact [email protected].
Hours of work: 33.75 hours per week, Monday - Friday
The weekly hours of work for this position are currently under review and may change at a future time. Any changes will be made in accordance with the City of Edmonton/Civic Service Union 52 collective agreement and the incumbent will be notified in advance.
Salary: $22.799 - $26.599 (Hourly)
Talent Diversity Consultant: JY/JF
Classification Title: Student Work Exp 4 YR Post Secondary
Posting Date: Sep 7, 2023
Closing Date: Sept 28, 2023 11:59:00 PM (MDT)
Number of Openings (up to): 1 - Student Position Full-time
Union : CSU 52
Department: Chief of Staff Office
Work Location(s): Century Place, 12th Floor, 9803 - 102A Avenue Edmonton T5J 3A3