Job posting closes: October 5, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. (Yukon Standard Time)
An Eligibility List may be established from this competition – the duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill future permanent full-time, permanent part-time, temporary full-time, temporary part-time, term or casual vacancies within the same department and classification based on the organizational needs by going to the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
This position is covered by a collective agreement between the City of Whitehorse and the Public Service Alliance of Canada/Yukon Employees Union.
The City wishes to thank all applicants for their interest but only those candidates selected to advance in the recruitment will be contacted. Note that only those candidates eligible to legally work in Canada will be considered.
Under the direction of the Customer Service Supervisor, the incumbent provides reception and administrative support for Recreation and Facility Services.
- Receives and routes a high volume of calls/emails to the department both internal and external and responds, resolves or distributes inquiries/complaints or fulfills employee/citizen requests for information.
- Oversees, maintains and updates financial systems for the department including: reconciling discrepancies between ERP systems, reconciling petty cash, accounts payable, and daily GL exports; preparing and processing purchase orders, invoices, credit card charges, payments, and refunds.
- Assists with all front end Customer Service Representative duties, develops staff schedule, and provides coaching and procedure updates as required.
- Performs administrative functions including gather, process and distribute reports and minutes, proof documents, budget reporting documentation, maintaining central paper and electronic filing systems, and investigate research projects as designated.
- Maintains all contractual documents, tenders, filing and bring forward systems, equipment loan listings, Point of Sale Inventory, processes mail, and purchases office supplies and materials.
- Assists Supervisors in processing forms for employee life cycle, tracking items signed out to staff, and maintain log of staff certifications for Community and Recreation Services staff and photo ID’s for all City of Whitehorse staff.
- Follows, so far as is reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards and communicates, updates department safety procedures as required.
- Acts for supervisor as assigned.
This description contains elements necessary for the identification and evaluation of the position. The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Open office environment in a high traffic facility, Hours of work – 0530-2400, Sunday – Saturday.
- Completion of a 1 year Community College Office Administration Program
- Advanced Excel, Microsoft Office and knowledge of CLASS software is an asset
- Standard First Aid and CPR Level C
- Previous experience – 3 years office administration/accounting experience
- On-the-job experience - 3 months
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Office and communications equipment, city vehicle, credit card, Interac and cash machines, computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Explorer, accounting/bookkeeping software, ERP and CLASS.
Job seekers are required to create an online profile and submit their application electronically through the City's online Applicant system via www.whitehorse.ca/careers. Instructions on applications are provided at https://www.whitehorse.ca/our-government/employment/how-to-apply/. If you have any further questions regarding this posting, please contact the recruiter at [email protected].
To apply for this position, you are required to submit your resume.
Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the recruiting process.
At the time this posting closes, candidates must have valid and current licenses/certifications/education that match the position requirements. Candidates who are selected to continue with the recruiting process will be required to provide proof of qualifications during their interview.