Enova Power Corp. is the trusted energy provider, dedicated to delivering safe and reliable energy solutions that power our communities forward.
Serving more than 157,000 residential and business customers in the City of Kitchener, City of Waterloo, Township of Woolwich, Township of Wilmot, and Township of Wellesley, Enova Power Corp. is the 7th largest electricity distribution utility in Ontario.
Reporting to the Customer Care Supervisor, this position is responsible for answering and responding to customer inquiries related to customer care; setting up and maintaining customer accounts; and the collection of overdue accounts. Primary contact for Enova Power Corp. customers to respond to general or account inquiries or re-direction to appropriate contacts.
Note that this role will be based out of our Victoria Street location.
- Starting rate is $26.72 /hour
- Limited negotiating skills allowing situational assessment and decision making to resolve customer issues
- Professional and courteous demeanor in dealing with all customers and staff
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Competent in addressing all customer service queries
- Skilled in use of Customer Information Systems
- Competent in use of personal computers and office software
- Ability to remain organized in a fast paced, changing environment
- Demonstrates flexibility working in a team environment
- Secondary school graduation diploma consistent with a grade 12 level education
- Appropriate knowledge of industry regulations, privacy regulations, and company policies to respond to customer inquiries
- A minimum of two years previous office experience in a customer service environment
- Answer and respond promptly and effectively to a high volume of customer and retailer inquiries, via telephone, email and in person, including: bill inquiries and high bill complaints; questions regarding retailer, industry, and conservation issues affecting customers; overdue accounts and acceptable payment arrangements within Company policy
- Set up accounts for new services, process customer account changes and maintenance including: pre-authorized payments, equal billing, customer moves, deposits, payment arrangements, letters of reference and customer keys
- Process incoming and returned mail and respond to as required, including batching payments
- Support for TOU customers utilizing web presentment
- Locate debtors of unpaid accounts and initiate suitable collection activity
- Process Bank returned cheques
- Communicate with the Credit Bureau on customer payments
- Maintain and promote a safe and healthy work environment, and comply with corporate safety policies as well as applicable codes, such as the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Electrical Utility Safety Rules
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are to apply by submitting a detailed resume no later than Monday, September 11th, 2023, at 4:00pm on our Careers Portal.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Enova Power Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process for the position to which you have applied and require disability-related accommodation, please notify the People and Culture department.
We encourage applications from underrepresented groups, particularly racialized people, 2SLGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities. We are committed to a workplace culture that fosters diversity, equity and inclusion and we therefore support candidates from many diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are also an Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) compliant workplace. Our recruitment and hiring processes will be modified to accommodate disabilities, if requested.