Pay Band: $125,000 - $170,000 per year
Smythe LLP is seeking a highly motivated and team-oriented Senior Manager, Canadian Tax to join our downtown Vancouver office. If you’re looking for a new challenge to join a dynamic team of professionals who collaborate every day to deliver enduring value to our clients and to progress the skills of our people, then apply today!
Smythe LLP is a leading professional services firm with offices in Vancouver, Langley, and Nanaimo. Since 1980, Smythe has assisted clients in BC, Canada, and across the border with all their assurance, taxation, valuation, insolvency, and advisory needs. Smythe’s clients include private, public, family-owned, and non-profit organizations. The firm’s diverse team of professionals, comprising 25 partners and over 200 employees, are experts in a wide range of industries, including real estate and construction, mining and exploration, property and casualty insurance, non-profits, and technology. Smythe is also a member of Allinial Global, one of the largest international accounting networks.
Learn more about us at www.smythecpa.com.
As part of our Canadian Tax Group, you will work directly with clients and Partners to provide tax planning and compliance services to a diverse client base. The ideal candidate will be a Senior Tax Manager with solid public practice tax experience. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual who wants to work in a fast-paced environment with a growing firm. This position generally requires working from one of our office locations, but a remote opportunity is available for candidates outside of Lower Mainland British Columbia.
- Manage and coordinate tax planning and compliance services for corporations, partnerships, trusts, and individuals
- Assist with tax advisory and planning engagements, including dating written memorandums and instruction letters
- Identify opportunities to provide tax planning and other special services
- Adapt and prioritize to address client service needs, advise clients by delivering high quality tax service and advice
- Identify and research technical tax issues
- Remain up-to-date on new tax legislation and case law
- Provide mentoring and technical guidance to the team
What we are looking for
- Minimum 5 years+ of relevant tax planning and compliance experience
- Completion of the In-Depth Tax Program
- Senior Tax Manager with strong analytical skills, the ability to identify and research tax issues, and the creative spark to formulate innovative solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with inbound and outbound cross-border tax compliance, including foreign reporting (T106, T1134, and T1135 forms), foreign accrual property income, and surplus pools
- General understanding of the Canada-US Tax Treaty
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with a passionate client service orientation
You will need to
- Attend your primary office location at least two set core days a week and any additional days as needed for this role
- Occasional extra hours and attendance at events outside the regular workweek
Join Our Vibrant Team at Smythe!
Discover an exciting career opportunity at Smythe, where your talents are not just recognized but celebrated! At Smythe, we go beyond offering a mere job; we present a gateway to a fulfilling and rewarding career journey.
What You Can Expect:
Competitive Salary & Benefits: We believe in rewarding your dedication with a package that aligns with your values and ambitions.
Professional Development: Your growth matters to us. We invest in your development, ensuring you thrive in your role and beyond.
Dynamic Work Culture: Immerse yourself in a progressive environment where collaboration and innovation flourish. Your ideas matter here.
Personal Connections: Build meaningful relationships with clients, mentors, and peers. Our focus is on fostering genuine connections that enhance your professional journey.
Flexible Work Hours: We understand the importance of work-life balance. Embrace a customized work schedule tailored to your skills and qualifications. Choose options that suit your lifestyle, including the possibility of working fewer than the standard 37.5 hours per week.
Explore more about Life at Smythe by visiting our website www.smythecpa.com and follow our inspiring journey on Instagram @lifeatsmythe and LinkedIn @Smythe LLP.
Thank you for considering Smythe as your next career destination! Rest assured, any updates regarding your application will be communicated promptly. Join us in shaping a vibrant future together!