Accelerate your career with the most awarded Air Cargo Airline in Canada!
Cargojet is Canada's leading provider of time-sensitive overnight air cargo services and carries over 1,300,000 pounds of cargo each business night. Cargojet operates its network across North America each business night, utilizing a fleet of all-cargo aircraft Cargojet has been awarded one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies as well as being awarded the Shipper’s Choice Award for the best Air Cargo Carrier in Canada for the past number of years. Being part of Cargojet will allow you to become a part of a diverse and vibrant family at the leading edge of the air cargo industry both domestically and internationally. Cargojet team members are dedicated, hardworking, and have a strong sense of leadership and commitment.
Primary Object of the Position:
Under the general direction of the Operations Supervisor, the chosen candidate will provide direction to Ground Handlers & Operators in order to maintain the on-time performance of all flights. This is a 4 months fixed-term contract position.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and brief the Operations team to ensure the safe & timely loading/offloading of aircrafts and trucks.
- Ensure warehouse and ramp staff follow safe work practices and act in accordance with Cargojet policies.
- Delegate duties to Ground Handlers and oversee the performance and productivity of staff.
- Lead by example in terms of work performance, professionalism and safety.
- Provide accurate information to Management and Cargo Movement Control.
- Complete operational paperwork and perform audits to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain & improve operations by suggesting time/cost saving ideas and operational strategies.
- Prepare summary of daily report to Management and Cargo Movement Control.
- Communicate with customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Communicate information to load planners in a timely manner.
- Assist the Manager in the success of the operation by performing aircraft offload/load, cargo handling, and warehouse and customer service duties.
- Collect, organize and distribute flight and freight information in a clear and organized manner.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Notify Manager of all policy and procedure violations to ensure a safe and effective operation.
- Perfom other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of experience in Air Cargo Operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision.
- Ability to complete tasks & projects quickly while maintaining standards and accuracy.
- A conscientious self-starter with problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize workloads in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal & customer service skills.
- A team player with leadership & decision-making skills.
- Must be computer literate with exceptional organizational skills.
- Valid Driver’s License, RAIC & AVOP.
- Trained in Health & Safety, WHMIS, Forklift, First-Aid, SMS, Dangerous Goods & applicable Security training.
Important to Know:
- Cargojet is an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- At Cargojet, we make safety the highest priority. Because of this priority and as we operate in a safety-sensitive environment, we require all employees to abstain from consuming Cannabis, in and outside of the workplace. This is a critical element of our drug and alcohol policy that all employees must comply with at all times.