Nurse Practitioner Job Description
We are looking to add a licensed Nurse Practitioner to our growing team of medical professionals. Your primary responsibility will be to provide advanced primary and/or specialty nursing care to patients in our facility. Duties will include but are not limited to, performing physical exams, recording patient medical histories, creating patient care plans, and administering diagnostic tests. You will also be administering medicines and treatments, as well as observing the patient response to such treatments.
A Master's Degree in Nursing and the required state license are necessary for you to be considered as a candidate. Previous experience in providing primary care and proficiency with the medical instruments and equipment required by the work are important keys to becoming successful in this role
Nurse Practitioner Responsibilities:
- Perform physical exams and patient observations.
- Record patient medical histories and symptoms.
- Create patient care plans and contribute to existing plans.
- Order, administer and analyze diagnostic tests.
- Monitor and operate medical equipment.
- Diagnose health issues.
- Detect changes in a patient’s health and change treatment plans as necessary.
- Administer medicines and treatments.
- Evaluate responses to treatments and medications.
- Consult with healthcare professionals.
- Train patients and families on managing illnesses or injuries and disease prevention.
Nurse Practitioner Requirements:
- Master’s degree from an accredited nursing program.
- Must have RN licensure in the state where employed or a compact party state and be board certified by either ANCC or AANP.
- Must have prescriptive authorization
- APN authorization in the state where employed to practice in Family Health by the Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Must be proficient with medical instruments and equipment required by the work.
- Knowledge of computer-based data management programs and information systems, as well as medical records and point-of-interview technology.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in verbal and written form, with retail and medical partners at various levels, patients, family members, physicians and representatives of the community.
- Sound understanding of all federal and state regulations including HIPAA and OSHA.
- Experience providing primary care as a family nurse practitioner.
- Knowledge of disease prevention.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time, Casual
Salary: $75.00-$85.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Nurse practitioner License (required)
Work Location: In person