This posting is to fill a permanent position. Temporary assignments may be considered.
Highways and Public Works – who we are
Employees at Highways and Public Works are responsible for ensuring safe and efficient public highways, airstrips, buildings, and information systems. Our collective vision is to make a difference in the lives of Yukoners. At all levels of our organization, we value leadership, innovation, teamwork, and keeping our people safe. Our priorities are to be client focused, to support our people, to build sustainably, and to advance reconciliation throughout Yukon.
The Information and Communications Technology Division (ICT) of Highways and Public Works supports Yukon government’s evolving use of technology. We take time to understand how our clients do business, so we can help them deliver public services as efficiently as possible. We provide expertise in information management, process design, application architecture, networks, software, and telecommunications. As the central source for collecting and distributing Yukon government data and imagery, we give the public access to government information while protecting the privacy of individuals. We employ business analysts, project managers, solutions architects, IT & IM specialists, and many other technical and administrative professionals.
As part of the Service Innovation and Support team the senior role of Project Manager manages medium to large scale business transformation, improvement and systems development projects and major corporate projects that support business needs and improve government service delivery. We are looking for a highly organized team player with a strong client focus and Project Management experience. In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience managing multiple projects with varying degrees of complexity, involving a variety of stakeholders with diverse needs and being a solid leader for the team.
Essential Qualifications (what we’re looking for in your resume):
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based on the detailed information you provide in your resume; ensure you use a month/year to month/year format and include the duties you performed in each of your positions.
- Degree or diploma in Business Administration, Computer Science/Management or a relevant program of study.
- Experience in systems analysis, business analysis, process improvement design, project management and application development work at a senior technical or middle management level.
- Experience managing vendors, contracts, and procurement.
- Experience preparing requests for proposals (RFPs) and tender packages.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification is an asset.
If your resume shows education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above, your application may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability (what candidates will be assessed on):
- Ability to direct and manage the planning, development and implementation of information management strategies and information systems initiatives.
- Ability to lead a team of resources that do not directly report to the position.
- Experience consulting and building relationships to work with government departments, stakeholders and managing vendors
- Strong communication, organizational, facilitation and problem-solving skills.
- Effective research and analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- The ability to handle a heavy workload with tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of ITIL is an asset.
- Some travel within Yukon may be required.
- Find out what we offer our employees
- See why Yukon government has been identified as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers since 2014
If you have questions about this position, please contact Terri McLeod, Director, Service Innovation & Support, [email protected].
If you have questions about applying on a job with Yukon government or if you need an accommodation for this staffing process, please contact Joyce Figueroa HR Consultant, [email protected]