SENIOR PROCUREMENT ADVISOR
Manitoba Hydro is consistently recognized as one of Manitoba's Top Employers!
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Defined-benefit pension plan.
- Nine-day work cycle which normally results in every other Monday off, providing for a balanced approach to work, family life
- Flex-time and partially remote work schedule (providing the option to work remotely 3 days per 2 week period), depending on
nature of work, operational requirements and work location.
Manitoba Hydro is a leader among energy companies in North America, recognized for providing highly reliable service and
exceptional customer satisfaction. Join our team of Manitoba's best as we continue to build a company that supports innovation,
commitment and customer service.
Under the general direction of the Procurement Supervisor and the guidance of the Procurement Team Lead, the Senior
Procurement Advisor will be responsible for the efficient strategic procurement of goods and/or services of higher value, complexity
and risk. The applicant shall exhibit professionalism, expertise, leadership and meaningful insight ensuring the best overall value for
the Corporation in accordance with the corporate policies and best practices.
- Responsible for the procurement of goods and/or services applying professional expertise as well as strategic and innovative
thinking to maximize efficiency.
- Develop appropriate sourcing and evaluation strategies for more complex work packages through consultation with internal
- Ability to conduct market assessments through research, preparation of reports and spreadsheets and provide overall
- Develop and issue tender documents including but not limited to Request for Quotation (RFQ),
- Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Pre-Qualifications (RFPQ). Oversee and participate in the evaluation of tenders
with internal business partners.
- Participate with internal business partners and at times lead in contract negotiations with suppliers.
- Prepare, issue and award contracts with suppliers.
- Provide assistance to internal business partners with contract management activities when required.
- Participate in supplier relationship management activities and update performance files as required.
- Provide on-going communication with various departments, informally or formally, verbally or in writing, to develop and
maintain strong business relationships.
- Utilize corporate applications and maintain files, records and databases associated with departmental functions.
- Assist in the development of junior staff within the Department.
- Assume other duties as assigned during peak work periods or absences.
- Bachelor of Commerce degree or four year relevant degree from a university of recognized standing with a major in supply
chain plus a minimum of two years directly related experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management from an institute of recognized standing plus
technical courses in procurement plus a minimum of four years directly related experience
- Supply Chain Management Professional designation (SCMP) plus a minimum of two years directly related experience
MANITOBA HYDRO IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND EMPLOYMENT EQUITY