The National Dental Examining Board of Canada (NDEB) is the organization responsible for establishing and maintaining a national standard of competence for dentists in Canada. Its mission is to serve the Canadian public, Dental Regulatory Authorities, and dental education institutions by ensuring a valid and reliable evaluation of competence for dentists in Canada.
Your attention to detail and tech savvy skillset will be key to your success in this role. As a strong communicator you'll have an opportunity to facilitate workshops and support all areas of the exam development cycle.
- Tracks and enters data into an electronic system.
- Maintains and ensures the integrity of information in the examination item banks.
- Travels to assist in the administration of NDEB examinations.
- Facilitate and/or provide support during in-person and remote workshops.
- Working closely with the Examinations Coordinator, provides administrative services to support the operational delivery of examinations throughout the life cycle of planning, material preparation, delivery, evaluation, review, appeal and post examination processes; conduct of due diligence throughout all processes, to ensure quality materials and services for candidates taking examinations nationally and internationally.
- Assists with packing, verification, and shipping of materials to each Centre, and the receipt, unpacking and verification of materials at NDEB upon completion of the examination. Reconciles shipments and audits participant documentation upon return to the NDEB office.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Two to three years of data entry, administrative or related experience
- Superior data entry and proofreading skills
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and decision-making skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Hands on experience using MS-Office products, specifically Excel
- Aptitude towards learning new technologies
- Detail oriented
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks/projects at one time
- Proven ability to determine when to take action independently or to partner as a team
- Ability to pack and lift boxes up to 25 lbs
- Ability to respect the confidential nature of the business
- Ability to travel and work occasional weekends
- Bilingual – English and French
- Previous experience working with a testing organization
- Previous experience working with ExamStudio
- Hands on experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Familiarity with dental terminology
- Familiarity with HTML
Accommodations will be provided at all stages of the hiring process; we ask applicants to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The National Dental Examining Board of Canada (NDEB) is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Commuter benefits
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Ottawa, On