Kent, part of the Retail Division of J. D. Irving LTD, is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada with 48 locations from Saint John, New Brunswick to Corner Brook, Newfoundland and many towns and cities in between. Kent is a major on-line player with Kent.ca and KentPro.ca.
Our culture thrives thanks to the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in, our focus on diversity in the workplace, our commitment to our employees through training and development programs and our focus on creating an aligned and engaged workforce across our locations.
An opportunity currently exists for an individual who would like a career in building supply purchasing with a specific focus on e-commerce. If you have an interest in contributing to improvement in our on-line presence through data enrichment and merchandising, please apply for this position.
The successful candidate will work Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm, with the option for Hybrid work available.
- Work on e-commerce focused data projects.
- Assist Category Managers with the day to day online assortment input.
- Provide analysis of product and category performance online.
- Run reports and collect data across competitors website.
- Ensure the accuracy, consistency, and reliability of spectral data through quality control procedures.
- Implement data validation techniques to ensure integrity of the datasets.
- Experience in catalog management is an asset.
- General knowledge in building supplies.
- Proficiency in data analysis and interpretation to make data-driven decisions related to product catalog performance.
- Experience Microsoft Office suite (Excel specifically).
- Exceptional communication and teamwork abilities.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Collaborative mindset and strong teamwork skills.
The successful candidate will report into to a Group Merchandising Manager in the Purchasing Department.
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We employ over 3700 people and work hard to increase our market share through strategic investment in training and technology. In addition to our retail stores, we operate truss manufacturing facilities and a wholesale drywall company. We are a member of the Independent Lumber Dealers Co-operative which ensures our great product selection and pricing.
Kent Building Supplies is an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees, candidates and customers.
If you have disabilities that require special accommodation please email, [email protected]
To Apply for this Career Opportunity: please apply online
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.