This position will be responsible for developing, managing, and implementing all marketing strategies for assigned brands, lead innovation process and support East Operational business needs as required. This role will work directly with the CCO to drive Corporate and Marketing strategies to drive company growth in the marketplace. This role will lead and manage key company projects as assigned to, working with internal and external teams; CI Team, Production, Sales, Supply Chain, QA, agency partners, distributors, brokers/customers, and suppliers. The incumbent will promote a collaborative and team environment that supports the company values and pillars.
· Support and implement corporate vision (inclusive of 4 pillars), purpose and values to achieve strategic priorities.
· Provide leadership and support of Sunrise overall business growth in the marketplace while managing internal deliverables to support the required marketplace development.
· As a key member of the Marketing team work together on the Strategic Thinking process to identify and implement opportunities of growth and winning strategies in the marketplace.
· Monitor performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made and that corrective action is taken accordingly.
Marketing and Innovation
· Oversees and is accountable for the assigned brands and businesses.
· Responsible for the development, implementation and execution of the annual marketing plan, including business review/analysis.
· Support achievement of volume and profitability targets by monitoring brand and competitive trade, consumer and promotion activity and creating actions to address implications.
· Lead and manage Nielsen relationship, working with Nielsen data; analysis and provide reports with insights and recommendations on category performance for business use.
· Support CCO, managing and leading development of annual innovation plan that incorporates 2–3-year pipeline. Oversee stage-gate process with cross-functional team to ensure projects move forward in a timely manner.
· Lead the creation of new products from concept stage to commercialization, including concept development, packaging format/design, consumer research and go to market presentations.
· Manage projects that improve the business both short and long term such as reformulations, packaging changes, format adjustments, and innovations through leading cross functional teams. Cultivate strong working relationships with both internal (sales, R&D, operations etc.) and external (agency, research house, packaging designs/suppliers, etc.) support groups.
· Analysis of market, consumer, and category data for implementation of marketing strategies through research, internal reports, store visits and other available resources.
· Management, execution, and post analysis of consumer promotions and related promotional activity.
· Keeps up to date on new consumer trends, food trends, new ingredients and technology by visiting food shows/conferences and reviewing publications and online sources.
· Lead, add value and implement special projects. Take a leadership role in cross-category and inter-functional projects as appropriate and requested.
· Cultivate strong working relationships with both internal (Sales, R&D, Operations etc.) and external support groups (agency, packaging designs/suppliers, etc.)
· Accountable to forecast and set annual spending budget; managing, planning, and monitoring to ensure Brands are meeting or exceeding budgetary commitment.
· Track, process and code invoices correctly, and on time each month for assigned brand.
· 5 to 7 years’ experience working on consumer brands in the food industry in the area of marketing, trade and/or sales.
· Demonstrated leadership and project management skills (with a pro-active mind-set)
· Previous people management skills: ability to team build, to coach and teach others.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills; written, verbal and presenting.
· Good multi-tasking, prioritizing, analytic and problem-solving skills
· Working knowledge of the Canadian & USA Food & Drug Regulations, labeling laws and regulations, nutritional regulations, and organic requirements
· Strong Computer skills: Windows 2000, Word, Excel, Power point, Microsoft Office
· Fluent in English (verbal and written communication).
· Full-time permanent position, Monday – Friday. Additional hours will be required to complete key deliverables and during annual planning as needed.
· Work in an office environment, with work performed outside of the office as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Etobicoke, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Marketing: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person