Welcome to a place where people are at the heart of everything we do.
Welcome to people with an inspiring vision and who seek stimulating challenges. At CIMA+, you’ll find a place where you’ll have many opportunities to learn and develop while working on engaging projects.
We are a firm 100% owned by its employees and we value a collaborative and entrepreneurial mindset. You will have the flexibility to manage your work on your own terms and define what work-life balance means to you.
When you join CIMA+, we welcome you to a place that you can call home.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to take on the role of Senior Building Electrical Engineer at our Gatineau office. Working with a team of highly qualified, enthusiastic individuals, you will be responsible for managing projects of various scope, and developing solutions tailored to customer needs. You'll oversee the design, inspection and implementation of electrical systems for multidisciplinary projects on office, commercial, industrial, municipal and government buildings, as well as sports and recreational facilities.
- Contribute to the development of the electrical engineering group's technical expertise in order to meet our clients' needs
- Analyze and solve complex problems, identify appropriate work methods and guidelines, and coordinate project completion
- Maintain professional relationships with clients, key contacts in the industry and other departments within CIMA+
- Assist in the supervision and management of electrical engineering team members, including engineers, technicians, and support staff
- Evaluate technical work, delegate responsibilities and provide instructions. Make recommendations regarding the selection of new employees in the recruitment process, training, performance evaluation and compensation management
- Prepare and reply to proposals in collaboration with the team assigned to this task
- University degree in electrical engineering
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ) and the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO)
- Over 15 years' experience in electrical engineering in the buildings sector
- Experience in managing teams of professional engineers (an asset)
- Knowledge and experience in the consulting engineering market and with clients in Ottawa and surrounding area (an asset)
- Bilingualism - French and English; Bilingual proficiency is a critical requirement for this engineering role, as it ensures effective collaboration with our diverse set of stakeholders, including clients, contractors, and regulatory agencies nationwide
Ethics and integrity are fundamental values at CIMA+, and we are looking for people who uphold these principles. We are committed to creating opportunities for all our talents to contribute to the firm’s success, develop and grow, regardless of cultural or other differences. We fully endorse employment equity principles and encourage women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply for any position offered at CIMA+. Adaptation measures are provided upon request to facilitate participation in the recruitment process.
Contact François Turcotte