Requisition ID: 344903
Competition #: SS-23-1146
Position Control #: 116-81910-D231-16
Posting End Date: Open until filled
Site: Southern Health-Santé Sud
Work Location: Bethesda Regional Health Centre
Department / Unit: Nutrition & Food Services
Job Stream: Clinical Support
Anticipated Start Date: TBD
Anticipated Shift: Days/Evenings/Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: Up to 7.75 hour shifts
Wage Rate: As per CUPE Collective Agreement
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Under the direction of the Site Coordinator or Supervisor - Nutrition and Food Services, Cook II or Cook I, the Dietary Aide is responsible for the completion of assigned tasks in relation to the safe preparation, serving, and distribution of nutritious meals to clients. The incumbent is responsible for serving meals to the staff and visitors, performing cashier duties, following proper sanitation safety guidelines. This is in addition to following established standards, departmental/regional policies and procedures and government regulations and legislation.
The incumbent will exercise the appropriate level of initiative and independent judgment in determining work priorities, work methods to be employed and action to be taken on unusual matters. The position functions in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision and values; and the policies of Southern Health-Santé Sud.
- Minimum Grade 10 education
- Current Food Handler Training Certificate Level 1 or equivalent Food Sanitation course
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office applications, Outlook/Email and online training
- Knowledge and understanding of all therapeutic and texture modified diets
- Knowledge and understanding of sanitary food handling
- Six (6) months previous experience working in food handling and/or health care food services environment
- Other suitable combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Demonstrated ability to lift items up to 1-5 kg (2.2-11 lbs) constantly, 6-11kg (13.2 – 24 lbs) occasionally and 23 kg (50 lbs) seldomly
- Demonstrated competency in cash management
- Given the cultural diversity of our region, the ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population is required
- Proficiency of both official languages is essential for target and designated bilingual positions
- Demonstrated ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job
- Demonstrated ability to respect confidentiality including paper, electronic formats and other mediums
- Good work and attendance record
Conditions of Employment:
- Completes and maintains a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Search, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check, as appropriate.
- All Health Care workers are required to be immunized as a condition of employment in accordance with Southern Health-Santé Sud policy.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.