Why Join Trez Capital?
Founded in 1997, Trez Capital is a non-bank leading provider of private commercial real estate debt and equity financing solutions in Canada and the United States. For over 25 years, we have consistently provided developers and owners with flexible short-to-mid-term financing. Trez Capital also offers private and institutional investors strategies to invest in a variety of opportunistic, fully secured mortgage investment funds and investment assets. We have built our reputation on doing what we say, with a results-oriented approach to everything we do. We are building a better future as we proudly build better places for people to live, work and play. We are committed to our values – Trust, Respect, Excellence, and Zest - in all that we do.
We pride ourselves on our relationships and are passionate about providing exemplary client service, creating loyal and satisfied investors and borrowers and fostering a collaborative environment in which our employees can excel. We believe in hiring the best people who are as committed to creating incredible experiences for our clients and our team members. We set bold goals and deliver results.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Fund Accountant to join our team. You will be responsible for financial reporting including schedules, financial statements and supporting analysis. You will have responsibilities in all key areas of fund accounting:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Perform daily accounting entries for assigned funds.
- Assist in implementing controls to safeguard assets by managing and applying financial policies, processes and procedures.
- Prepare annual trust, limited partnership and corporate tax returns.
- Prepare for and assist with the annual audit processes and other compliance reports.
- Support schedules for offering memorandum and prospectus; collaborate on financial analysis and marketing support related to the funds and/or institutional clients.
- Prepare the monthly management reporting package.
- Prepare appropriate distributions to unit holders.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly fund processes, including distribution calculations for unit holders, management fee calculations, oversight of fund expenses and other monthly management reporting items.
- Formulate quarterly Board of Governors reporting.
- Identify any issues or irregularities with accounting records or funding activities and correct same.
- Prepare and review monthly net asset value calculations for the funds.
- Perform cash reconciliation and forecasting for the funds.
- Prepare valuation & entity/fund performance calculations in accordance with disclosed policies, including discounted cash flow and internal rate of return calculations, for final review by the auditors.
You have a CPA designation and a minimum of 3 year’s post-designation experience in an investment or financial company environment, as well as public company experience.
Additional requirements include:
- Knowledge and experience of reporting under IFRS, and comprehension of US GAAP & taxable income calculations.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and with attention to detail.
- Adherence to all reporting deadlines (tax compliance, Board reporting packages, monthly and year end audited financial statements).
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to balance multiple priorities and a high volume workload, in a fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel and proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Trez Capital is a recognized leader in Canada’s private real estate lending industry and has built a reputation for providing developers, owners and investors innovative short to mid-term capital solutions for commercial properties in major centres across Canada and the United States.
We have earned the trust of investors, including some of Canada’s largest pension funds, by applying rigorous institutional grade underwriting to generate attractive yields and stable sources of income. With offices in Vancouver, BC, Toronto, ON, Montreal, QC, Dallas, TX, New York, NY, Palm Beach, FL and Atlanta GA, we manage a mortgage and investment portfolio of more than $4.2 billion.
We have built our reputation on doing what we say, with a results-oriented approach to everything we do. We pride ourselves on our relationships and are passionate about providing exemplary client service, creating loyal and satisfied investors and borrowers and fostering a collaborative environment in which our employees can excel. We are driven to create winning outcomes for our investors, borrowers and employees. We set bold goals and deliver results, balancing discipline, creativity and entrepreneurialism.
This is a fantastic opportunity with a leader in the real estate finance industry, positioned for continued growth. We offer an attractive remuneration package and are committed to your ongoing professional growth and development. Our office is LEED Gold certified and provides access to a gym and bike lock up.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will only be contacting selected candidates for follow-up.