Job Title: Overhead Crane Service Technician (NOC 7312)
# of Vacancies: 3
Term: Full-time, permanent. Some overtime and on-call work will be required.
Company: Meerholz Canada Ltd.
Location of Work: Various locations in Northern BC, Alberta and Yukon
Business Address and Mailing Address: 2108 Quinn St S, Prince George, BC, V2N 1X5
Wage: $45 per hour
Education Requirement: Relevant Trade Certificate (Electrician, Millwright or equivalent)
Experience Requirement: 3 -5 years of crane servicing experience required
Language at Workplace: English – written and oral
Meerholz Canada Ltd. is a fast-growing, privately owned Canadian company, founded in 1994, specializing in service, parts, sales, and rentals of electric overhead cranes, hoists, and material handling equipment. Based in Prince George, BC we serve all of Northern BC, as well as Northern Alberta and the Yukon. We service all manufacturer’s equipment, using genuine manufacturer’s replacement parts and our technicians perform all Electrical, Mechanical & Structural repairs on cranes.
We are currently seeking three Overhead Crane Service Technicians with 3 -5 years of crane servicing experience and the following skills and experience. Once a probationary period has been completed, the successful candidates will be eligible for a comprehensive list of benefits including health and dental, company pension plan, RRSP contributions, an employee assistance program, a company vehicle and a company phone. If you would like to be part of a great team, please apply today.
Job Duties and Skills:
· Troubleshoot electrical or mechanical systems failures and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
· Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
· Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
· Keep maintenance reports and documentation
· Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
· Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
· Service attachments and working tools
· Operate hoisting and lifting equipment
· Interpret engineering drawings, electrical schematics and blueprints
· Complete detailed inspection documentation
· Good judgement
· Ensure adherence to safety regulations
Experience and Specialization
· Programmable logic controller (PLC)
· Overhead crane, gantry crane, monorails, hoists
· Electrical and electronic controls
· Electrical assemblies, equipment and wiring devices
· Electrical Control equipment
Must be able to work at heights, have a full Class 5 driving licence, pass drug and alcohol tests when required.
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and references by email reply to this ad or by mail to Meerholz Canada Ltd. at 2108 Quinn St S, Prince George, BC, V2N 1X5
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
Work Location: On the road