Position Summary: SMART PHARMA Pharmacy Assistant (Experienced)
In this position as an Experienced Pharmacy Assistant, you will assist Pharmacist and Technician in delivering patient care. It involves duties of administrative nature as well as customer service. Pharmacy Assistant’s role is expansive and versatile in all aspects of pharmacy’s operations.
SMART Pharma and your career with us:
SMART Pharma has a vision of genuine customer-focused care. SMART Pharma currently has two branches with an aggressive future plan of growth and expansion.
The soul of this organization revolves around making an impactful difference in the society, to health of residents and prosperity. This vision has led SMART Pharma to focus on specialty pharmacies to offer help where it is needed the most in society. Our first pharmacy specializes in addictions of all types, and our second branch is a contemporary plus specialized compounding pharmacy.
SMART Pharma is and equal opportunity employer where you can expect conducive environment for personal and professional growth. You can expect to get training wherever necessary. The nature of training can range from on-job training to professional courses or training seminars/webinars, or more, as per needs.
We offer career advancement opportunities, we prefer to promote within our staff before recruiting externally, and competitive wage is offered which commensurate with experience.
SMART Pharma is an all-inclusive organization with zero tolerance to discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex and ethnicities. We welcome all clients and welcome all applicants, including LGBTQ2+ and BIPOC.
We expect you to fulfil the following mentioned duties. Please note that these are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required:
- You are responsible for assisting the Pharmacy Manager, Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians with daily operations of the Pharmacy.
- General customer service.
- Attending telephone inquiries.
- Servicing the front shop (Over-the-counter) as well as Behind-the-counter management.
- Cashier role and using of our POS system.
- General housekeeping duties including but not limited to keeping the pharmacy premises organized, clean, replenished of supplies and well maintained.
- Assist in the processing of prescriptions and preparation of prescriptions under Pharmacist’s supervision, by using pharmacy’s software which currently is KROLL.
- Assist in handling patient deliveries.
- Assist in compounding within assistant’s allowed scope of practice (in our compounding specialty branch)
- Assist in blister/compliance pack assembly.
- Assist in preparing daily batch and carries (in our addictions specialty branch)
- involvement of ordering and receiving drug orders and management of the pharmacy inventory. (Including stock counts, narcotic counts, return to stocks).
- Assist in helping clients with connections to other organizations as needed, for example connecting clients to social workers, shelters, detox centers, etc.
- Identify and schedule professional clinical services for pharmacists, in order for best utilization of pharmacist’s expertise by allowing them to focus on the clinical aspects while you help in scheduling.
Your interpersonal skills:
You are an ideal candidate if you are:
- Multilingual – If you speak English and any of the following; Punjabi, Hindi or Urdu
- Having excellent communication skills
- Customer focused, patient care oriented
- Professional and committed to excellence
- Motivated and self-driven
- Having good interpersonal skills when dealing with customers, staff, & management team.
- Non-judgmental and Non-discriminative
- A team player
- Having ability to multitask
- Have ability to pay attention to details
Your education and experience:
- Ideally having a Pharmacy Assistant certificate from a recognized Canadian College
- Ideally having 2 years of experience working in a pharmacy
- Ideally have at-least 2 years experience with Kroll pharmacy software
If you don’t have the above-mentioned experience in pharmacy and/or Kroll software, please do not apply as this position is for the experienced role's vacancy.
Both branches are open 7 days a week. You will have a schedule which may be split between both branches, as needed. Majority of your schedule will be for the Jacksonport location in Northeast Calgary, with a rare/random coverage at our other location in Crescent Heights area. This opening is for a full-time permanent position.
As mentioned above, you will be trained for the specialized services each pharmacy offers. Applicants should be available to work a flexible schedule, Monday to Sunday. There may be scheduling of staff on statutory holidays as well as needed, on a rotational basis.
What we offer:
- Competitive wage
- Employee Discount Program
- Ongoing In-House Training & Education Courses
- If you are hired, we may do background check as well as references check, as necessary
- While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
- Your resume can be added to our resume bank for any future opportunities should you consent to that.