Olympiad Education Group is a well-known professional education institution that provides excellent educational services to help students to excel in various contests especially Canadian Math competition and Canadian Computing Competition. Our students have been extremely successful, achieving excellent marks in the contests.
(1) Job Description:
Olympiad Education Group has been offering Canadian Computing Contest preparation courses for more than nine years. CCC course is designed to prepare participants for Canadian Computing Contest. Our commitment is to ensure that this course is the best math Contest preparation course in Canada.
To help more students to excel in CCC, we are looking for 3 excellent instructors to teach the course of Python Programming:
We will provide competitive salary, bonuses, flexible work hours and career development opportunity to them. Successful candidates may be eligible for reappointment to additional terms.
(2) Job Duties:
1. Instruct students to learn solve Canadian Computing Competition questions in an interactive way through Zoom: go through related knowledge, explain basic conceptions in an easy-to-understand way, introduce operations, data structures and algorithms, coach exam-taking strategies, and answer students' question
2. Develop and continuously update the course related teaching material including but not limited to Powerpoint slides, Examples, assignments, mock exams, and videos etc.
3. Review student’s assignments and give appropriate feedback
4. Collect feedback from students at the ending of each semester in the form of online surveys or paper questionnaire; give the suggestions of improving teaching and management to the school
5. Make presentation to introduce our courses and provide support to the workshops to the students and their parents.
(3) Qualifications and Requirements Description
1. This job is only open to the candidate who has work permit in Canada or International student in Canada; you must have Canadian Education Background
2. Excellent oral and written English communications skills
3. Proficient Python or Java or C++ programming skills are required
4. if you are a high school student or a university student from computer unrelated program, the certificate of distinction of Canadian Computing Competition is required
4. if you are a university student, Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Software Engineering Program in Canadian/US universities and taken data structure and algorithm course with grade A- or above are required
5. If you are not a student , teaching experience of Canadian Computing Competition or teaching data structure and algorithm courses at Canadian /US universities is required
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 2-4 per week
Salary: $20.00-$30.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Did you join Canadian Computing Contest ?
- Do you have the certificate of distinction of Canadian Computing Competition?
- Do you have work permit in Canada ? Are you international student in Canadian or US universities?
- Are you in or completed computer science/computer engineering/software engineering programs in Canadian or US universities?
Work Location: Remote
Application deadline: 2023-09-30
Expected start date: 2023-09-30