JOIN OUR TEAM
Metro Supply Chain (MTH) is a strategic supply chain solutions partner for some of the world’s fastest growing and most recognizable organizations. We advance our customers’ business through innovative, real-world solutions within a culture that supports our communities, protects our environment, and enables our team to thrive. Managing 14 million square feet in 98 sites across North America and Europe with a team of 6,000, it is the largest privately-owned supply chain solutions company based in Canada.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor the Delivery Service Specialist’s primary responsibility is providing direct to retail deliveries for a dedicated Metro customer. It is essential that the Delivery Service Specialist create a positive customer experience by understanding and meeting the customers’ needs. Success in this role will be determined by customer satisfaction through on time, accurate deliveries and providing a positive customer interaction each and every time you interface with the customer.
- Operating a cargo van conduct deliveries on predetermined route using a GeoTab GPS system to provide accurate on time delivery to multiple retail locations. Assigned delivery routes will vary from time to time.
- Strict adherence to completion of all documentation according to SOPs including manifests, obtaining signatures, use of safety tabs etc.
- At a Metro hub or spoke DC load totes with product into the van for delivery in a manner that prevents damage to the product.
- Adhere to Metro’s safe motor vehicle driving methods, as well as, strict adherence to all Provincial motor vehicle laws.
- Maintain a clean delivery van, perform daily pre/post shift safety inspections and advise the Supervisor of any concerns or service recommendations.
- Follow all SOPs regarding the safeguarding of Metro and its Customers property against theft.
- Work with Customer Service and the Logistics Coordinator to return damaged or stale dated product not accepted at the retail location, and transport the unaccepted product back to the DC, according to SOP.
- Work with Customer Service and the Logistics Coordinator to accommodate rush deliveries and/or changes to the scheduled delivery route.
- Establish a positive relationship with the retail customer by understanding client expectations, meeting daily commitments, and addressing or referring any service concerns for priority resolution.
- Adhere to established uniform requirements, maintain a professional image and handle all client interactions in a courteous, customer-oriented manner.
- Demonstrate and promote Metro’s Our WAY values on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Completion of secondary school is preferred or equivalent experience.
- Valid “G” or “Class 5” driver licence with a clean driver abstract.
- Experience as a delivery driver in a time-sensitive, customer interfacing environment preferred.
- Experience or comfortable using an on-board GPS navigation system.
- Must agree to a criminal background check and credit check.
- Customer Centricity
- Fostering Culture
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Managing Through Change
- Developing Self & Others
- Planning & Results Orientation
- Always Improving Mindset
- Business & Financial Savvy
Why Join Us
- Work in an environment where safety is our first priority
- The opportunity to build a career with a growing company
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- Life and disability insurance
- Wellness programs to support your family’s well-being
- A Retirement Savings Program with a company match
- Company team wear allowance
- Employee Appreciation Day
- Company sponsored social events
- Community volunteering
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse workplace where people feel included and valued. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Should you require accommodation for a special ability or need during the recruitment process, please reach out to a member of our Human Resources Team.