Requisition ID: 345714
Position Number: 20026489
Posting End Date: Oct 4, 2023
Site: WRHA Community Health Services
Work Location: Access River East
Department / Unit: Home Care Nursing
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: 10/23/2023
Anticipated Shift: Days;Evenings;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.25
Annual Base Hours: 1885
Salary: $23.793, $24.404, $25.087, $25.746, $26.442, $27.286
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the direction of a Team Manager within the Home Care Program, the Scheduling Clerk, in collaboration with the Resource Coordinator, assists in the maintenance of Direct Service Staff* schedules by entering data in to the Home Care scheduling system, assigning, scheduling and communicating with Direct Service Staff, clients and other Home Care Staff.
- Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Rehabilitation Assistant, Integrated Support Worker, Home Care Attendant, and Home Support Worker.
- 2 to 3 years related administrative experience.
- Minimum 6 months scheduling experience.
- Data entry experience required.
- Experience in Email and computerized calendars (GroupWise) required.
- Experience in healthcare would be an asset.
- Experience with mail distribution, photocopying and faxing.
- Experience maintaining filing system.
- Completion of a high school or equivalent program of studies.
- Formal training in applied office skills required.
- Medical Terminology preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Procura would be preferred.
- Keyboarding speed of 45 wpm required.
- Ability to maintain and compile statistics.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively contribute to a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to carry out assigned tasks.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.