Dimatec Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe build trust, strive for excellence and maintain with care are key parts of success as a team. Dimatec Inc. is a local manufacturing company of metal products used in mining and exploration of minerals.
Check us out at https://www.dimatec.com/
Advantages of Being Part of the Dimatec Team
Becoming an employee of Dimatec Inc, offers many advantages. A few of these benefits are outlined below:
Health Plan: Dimatec is committed to providing quality healthcare benefits for our employees. We offer employer paid medical, dental and prescription drug coverage. A vision care plan is also included for expenses associated with routine eye examinations, contact lenses and glasses.
Tuition Reimbursement: Dimatec is dedicated to employees’ personal development. In addition to in-house training, employees who further their education at an accredited institution may be eligible for reimbursement for related expenses.
Work / Life Balance: Dimatec realizes the importance of balance and provides both paid and unpaid time off as a way to help maintain the needs of personal and professional lives.
Do you want to join an amazing team and receive those several benefits?
Dimatec Inc. is seeking an internal/external candidate to work as a CNC Machinist Level 2 in the Machine Shop. **Climate Control Shop**. This will be an hourly position reporting to Production Supervisors. At this time, this position will be required to work on the Evening shift – 2:00pm. to 12:00am., Monday to Thursdays. (4-Day Work Week) plus the shift premium of $1.25 per hour. Training will be on day shift, Monday to Friday with a gradual shift to evenings. Candidate must be able to modify hours/days of work when required as per vacation, unexpected absence, and training requirements.
- High school graduate, with technical/academic machine shop training from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience setting up and operating manual and/or CNC machines.
- Holds certificate (or ability to be trained) in overhead crane operation.
- Experience to set-up and use precision measuring instruments.
- Experience in reading and interpreting CNC programs.
- Intermediate blueprint reading and drawing / GD&T comprehension skills.
- Ability to adapt to latest technological advances.
- Ability to train/mentor junior machine operators.
- Physical ability to lift/push loads on a regular basis, perform repetitive tasks, and/or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Manual dexterity, attention to detail, and good hand-eye coordination.
- A combination of education and relevant experience may be considered in lieu of above qualifications.
- Work Experience operating Multi - Axis Machine (Asset).
- Set-up and operate manual and/or CNC machines.
- Review work orders and interpret blueprints, select appropriate tooling for the work to be done.
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to adjust speeds, feeds and tool paths on CNC machine tools where necessary.
- Verify the accuracy of a co-workers’ set-up(s) from previous shift if machine is already set-up.
- Report deviations from specifications and tolerances to Quality Assurance for disposition.
- Maintain work area as per continuous improvement guidelines, monitor equipment as per maintenance sheets, operator checklists, and equipment specifications.
- Use logbooks daily.
- Report all necessary work-related information on work order packages as per quality management system requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity and experience with machine shop practices.
- Knowledge of and experience with measuring devices and power/hand tools and equipment used in a machine shop environment.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills in the English language.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills.
- Perform duties in an ethical and professional manner.
- Perform duties in a safe manner that is compliant with Workplace Safety and Health requirements, and in accordance with company Safe Work Procedures.
- Committed to ensuring that all products delivered to customers are in conformance with requirements.
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information.
- A flexible team player who thrives in environments that require the ability to effectively prioritize and organize.
- Change agent for continuous improvement of Dimatec Inc. and company quality management system.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.89-$28.10 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- Evening shift
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- as a CNC Machinist: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person