Online Customer Support Representative
ASAP Elearning Solutions Ltd. is looking for an Online Customer Support Representative living in the Capital (Greater Victoria) Regional District (CRD) to input, assemble, aggregate, disaggregate, and correlate data, generate reports, and assist the Customer Support team in supporting clients enrolled in our Elearning programs.
ASAP Elearning Solutions Ltd. is a leading provider of online professional development programs for school teachers and principals, and alternative methods to certification for aspiring educators and learners in other fields. We have offices in Victoria, BC and Las Vegas, NV. This position is for the Victoria region and will mostly involve working remotely from home. Occasional meetings and joint work- together sessions will occur on a preplanned basis, so the ability to drive or travel within the region is necessary. Our organization strives to maintain a positive, healthy, and inclusive culture. The right person will bring attention to detail, a positive attitude, maturity, self-discipline, a strong desire to work with others, and the ability to work without direct supervision. Strong personal computing skills and experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and email are requirements. Experience with Google Sheets, WordPress, Customer Relations Management (CRM) software and online Learning Management Systems (LMS) would be an asset. Full training for these tools is provided.
Online Customer Support Representative Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains student user database by entering and updating enrollment information on a timely basis
- Maintains instructional coach group leaders, including data and content entry within the learning management system
- Communicates with clients regarding logins and individual support requests
- Uses Google Sheets to record account information and track individual course progressions
- Uses Excel to enter data and update reports that are then emailed to the client on a preset reporting schedule
- Uses SuiteCRM Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software supplied by client to create course evaluation records and communicate with participants
- Updates student records in various programs based on qualifying criteria (add more courses, reset assignment uploads, etc.)
- Communicates with clients when supplied account information is incomplete
- Answers telephone support phone line and responds to client and student questions via email
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes
- Tracks work time using online tools and prepares a timesheet for payroll
- Self-prioritizes daily workload
- Other reasonably related duties as assigned
Work Hours & Benefits
The position as advertised is part-time, and hours will fluctuate from 20-40 hours/week. Hours may increase based on student enrollment volumes. The potential exists for growth to a full-position within the year and preference will be given to candidates willing to take on more hours as the workload increases.
This position is a work-from-home opportunity. While there may be some travel for in-person work during the initial training phase, most of your work will be completed at home. Skype and Zoom are mainly utilized for online staff meetings or project work, but occasional face-to-face meetings will occur.
Work hours during the week are flexible and will become self-directed upon completion of the probationary period, so long as the required work is completed in a timely fashion as required. However, preference would be given to someone with availability for at least 4-6 hours of work per day, at least 5 days per week within the 8:00 am – 5:00 pm business hours (as opposed to evenings only) to accommodate the answering of phone calls. Work can also be completed on the weekends, should that work better for your schedule, as many of our students complete their coursework during that time. The company is closed for all statutory holidays.
Starting wage is $20.00/hour. Wage rates are subject to review upon completion of probation, and annually based on merit.
Computer and office phone equipment is supplied, but you would be responsible for your own high-speed Internet access, which is required to do the work.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Strong communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision in a work-from-home environment
- Strong personal computing skills
- Experience with WordPress and/or Customer Relationship Software programs preferred
- Skilled at Google and Excel spreadsheet software programs and can write/edit basic formulas
- Able to complete repetitive daily data entry and work tasks with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent time management skills
- Driven to foster high customer loyalty and positive feedback through excellent customer service
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Customer support experience
- Data entry experience or related office experience
How to Apply:
Email your resume complete with references to [email protected]. Only candidates that are short-listed will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Do you live in the Greater Victoria region of British Columbia?
- What is your typing speed words per minute (wpm)? If you aren't sure, you can take a free test here: https://www.typing.com/student/tests
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Sooke, BC V9Z 0L4