We are seeking smart, easy-going administrators for our team of professionals. If you are interested in working with co-operative organizations, have a passion for helping people, and want to do work that supports affordable housing in BC, we can provide you with employment that is meaningful to you and the housing co-operatives we serve. Our ideal candidate will have experience in the property management industry, but this experience is not necessary in order to apply.
As a property management administrator, you will assist our property managers with the overall coordination and delivery of all contracted financial and administrative services for our clients. You will build and maintain strong client relationships and provide consistent and accurate support which will ensure there is a high level of customer service satisfaction, every time.
What You’ll Do
- Assist with collecting, reviewing and processing income documents for rent subsidy programs.
- Accounts Receivable: Process housing charge payments from co-op members, update and maintain housing charge arrears reports.
- Accounts Payable: Code accounts payable invoices, process cheques, and maintain paid invoice files.
- Maintain petty cash records and reconcile floats.
- Distribute monthly financial reports.
- Assist with annual budget preparation.
- Gather documents for annual audits.
- Maintain co-op member files and records.
- Process and administer moves records.
- Prepare correspondence including letters, notices, meeting packages.
- Update report templates with data and distribute reports.
What You Bring
- A strong work ethic - you are hyper-organized and make the most of every moment.
- Impeccable writing ability - spell check is disabled on your workstation...grin
- A passion for administration – you manage multiple tasks, timelines and nitty-gritty details with ease.
- Super savey computer skills - Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- An ability to get around town - travel with ease to our client sites around Metro Vancouver.
- An understanding of the customer relationship - the customer pays your wage. you are a team player.
- Great communication skills – you listen first, then share knowledge.
Bonus points if….
- You can recite the Co-op Association Act and explain current Federal and Provincial Funding Agreements.
- Multitasker is your middle name.
- You’ve worked with a volunteer Board of Directors and know what it takes to help them succeed.
- You are up on the current trends in co-operative and non-profit housing sectors.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Flexible working hours
- On-site parking
- Vacation & paid time off
- Employee assistance programs
- Work from home opportunities
- Education reimbursement
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time, Part-time
Part-time hours: 20 - 40 per week
Salary: $22,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Administrative Support: 3 years (Required)
- Customer Service: 3 years (Required)