AirBoss of America Corp. develops, manufactures and markets high-quality, proprietary rubber-based products to various industries, including automotive, heavy industry, construction and infrastructure, oil & gas, and defense. For more information go to www.airbossofamerica.com
Reporting to the ERP Supervisor, the Operations Business Analyst supports the implementation of high quality, scalable and cost-effective business systems. Assisting with complex, high impact projects, the Junior Analyst interacts with executives, managers, subject matter experts, development teams, decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve business systems issues. Key deliverables include compiling, researching, analyzing and documenting data, requirements, workflow/ processes, functionality and or controls for respective groups as well as developing and maintaining end user training tools and materials.
- Collaborating with technical subject matter experts and development teams to determine and document business requirements and functional & technical specifications and user related support materials
- Performing business analysis work including workflow analysis, business information requirements and models including recommending technology-driven process improvements
- Developing, testing and deploying smaller reporting and end user computing solutions
- Creating and executing test scripts
- Providing orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Documenting operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Partnering with business areas to assess reporting, analysis and data visualization needs.
- Supporting the company's growth and financial goals by performing data mining and analysis to generate reports.
- Conducting market research analysis to support strategic initiatives and provide opportunities for growth, progress, and change.
- Ensuring and monitoring master data integrity
- Preparing functional process charts to analyze business operations.
- Advising on screen layouts
- Troubleshoot issues brought up by system users
- Planning, designing or modification of practical manuals and automated business procedures.
- Working with implementation teams to coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Looking for ways to reduce costs and enhance productivity in IT throughout AirBoss, proposing any suggestions to management.
- Participating in IFS implementation tasks up to and including process assessment, GAP assessment, solutions development, data migrations, testing, training and go-live support.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Finance, Math, Computer Science/Information Technology or MIS
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Some prior experience in a business or IT support role is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated interest in innovation and advancement of business technologies and processes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer focus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent listening and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities/deadlines.
- Some knowledge of programming languages, such as Visual Studio; SQL language and databases, such as MS-SQL, DTS, Oracle, DB2; report tools, such as Crystal Enterprise; desktop and server operating systems and hardware; networking and protocols
- Knowledge of business applications such as IFS and other ERPs an advantage
- Good project management skills.
- Highly self motivated and directed; keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
Additional Screening Criteria
We are seeking an associate with strong technical skills and aptitude, as well as solid business analysis skills. The individual should able to assist in the assessment and documentation of business needs and assist in the design and deployment of solutions. The associate needs to be a self-motivated and energetic individual who can meet the challenges of a fast-paced environment. The associate should be comfortable with change and working with partners at various levels.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a necessity. The understanding of when to email versus phone call versus have a face to face discussion is very important.
- Ability to communicate on a technical and non-technical level depending on the audience.
- Ability to read and interpret technical and non-technical documents.
- Ability to listen and understand communications from customers, co-worker and management; clarifying when necessary
- Critical thinking is necessary in any IT position to analyze and clearly identify the root cause of any issue
- The ability to break down larger problems into smaller components is key
Problem Solving Skills
- Troubleshooting skills are key in any IT position; the ability to efficiently try multiple approaches to develop an effective solution
- Must be able to problem solve in high pressure down time situations
- Need to be able to continually to learn on the job as technology changes
AirBoss Rubber Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all candidates for their interest in AirBoss Rubber Solutions. However, due to the high volume of applications, only those applicants who meet the minimum requirements for the role will be contacted. AirBoss Rubber Solutions will provide reasonable accommodation to all applicants during the recruitment process and employment. Those requiring alternative communication formats contact us in-person, by calling 519-576-5565 or email hr@airboss. ca