Purpose of this position:
The Data Analyst is responsible for the management and administration of application databases in the organization. The role is also responsible for interpreting data and transforming the information which can offer ways to improve the business and impact business decisions. The role will gather information from various sources and interpret patterns and trends.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection/integration systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Work with departments to establish and prioritize business and information needs; and make recommendations about the methods and ways in which a company obtains and analyses data to improve quality and the efficiency of data systems.
- Filter and maintain data by reviewing computer reports and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Design and carry out the implementation of a AI solutions to enable the use of modern Business Intelligence systems.
- Analyze, verify and improve data quality through internal audits and continuous improvement projects.
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in data sets.
- Perform day-to-day database administration and management.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A Bachelor´s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Management, Business or a related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years working as a Data Analyst, Data Scientist or Business Data Analyst or in a similar role.
- Experience with business intelligence and reporting tools, such as SSRS, Power BI or Tableau.
- Proficient in programming languages, specifically SQP or Python.
- Experience in massive data processing, parallelization techniques and computational efficiency for data storage and transmission.
Job Function Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, and analyze amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build and maintain good working relationships and achieve buy in and ownership to quality standards/ initiatives with all departments and levels.
- Sound judgement and analytical thinking that enables decision making, ability to manage projects and prioritize and manage timelines.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and work collaboratively with others in a multidisciplinary team.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Fluent in English.