Great West Kenworth
Are you looking to move to Alberta and have a Heavy Equipment Journeyperson Ticket. We are looking for technicians all over the province and have 6 Branches to choose from depending on your city size lifestyle preference.
- $35-$50 per hour depending on experience and branch location
- Assistance and reimbursement for recertification in Alberta if required
- Relocation allowance depending on distance
- Free Toolbox shipping and insurance coverage
- Plus fantastic company benefits and perks
Our branch’s location by employee and city size:
- Calgary (100 employees, population 1.3million)
- Red Deer (30 employees, population 100,000)
- Lethbridge (20 employees, population 95,000)
- Balzac (20 employees, population 75,000)
- Grand Prairie (60 employees, population 65,000)
- Medicine Hat (10 employees, 65,000)
Great West Kenworth supplies and services trucks for long haul, construction, and oil fields. We have been the leader in the Alberta/Northwest heavy trucking industry for over 51 years and provide an excellent work environment, competitive salary, stability, and career progression avenues to skilled and dedicated professionals.
We are currently looking to fill multiple positions of Kenworth Heavy Duty Journeyperson Technician in our Dealership and you can pick where you want to go.
AT GREAT WEST KENWORTH WE ENABLE PEOPLE AND BUSINESSES TO GROW AND PROSPER
OUR MISSION: We support our community with exceptional timely service, by caring individuals, whose knowledge of our premium products creates a lasting positive impression.
OUR VISION: We will create an experience that enables everyone to move forward, Financially, Knowledgeably, and with Dignity.
OUR VALUES: Integrity, Financial Stability, Knowledge, Accountability, Respect, Collaboration, Learning
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Paccar Engine experience
- Kenworth Cab and Chassis electronic experience
- Cummins ISX 2010 and newer certification
- Eaton Transmission and Dana/Spicer experience
- Experience with Kenworth MX DAF engines
- Familiar with software diagnostics such as Davie 4, Cummins Insite, ESA, BENDIX, Service Ranger or equivalent.
DAILY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of all truck systems used in the Kenworth product line.
- Interpret work orders and technical manuals on paper and in PC based formats.
- Write and type service reports.
- Assist in training apprentice mechanics in the trade.
- Work scheduled on call shifts to provide repair service for customer trucks that require repairs after normal business hours.
- Attend additional training, online, provincially, nationally and in the US as required.
- Maintain personal and company tools to get the job gone.
- Utilize department chain of command (service writer, service administrator, lead hand, foreman, service manager, service director) when managing their job duties and solving problems.
RELATED SKILLS REQUIRED
- Be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend to ensure effective communication with employees and customers.
- General computer and software diagnostics skills.
- The ability to withstand work-related deadlines and pressures.
- Must be able to sit, kneel, lift, walk, lay, and carry for extended periods.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- Own Toolbox and tools required
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma
- Heavy Equipment Technician Certificate (019-1) or interprovincial equivalent required with 5 years’ experience
- Truck and Transport Mechanic Certificate (019-3) or interprovincial equivalent an asset
- Class 1, 3, or 5 driver's licenses without any previous suspension.
- Able to travel to the US for technical training
- Engine Computer Diagnostic experience 3 years required
When working at Great West Kenworth Ltd., employees are offered a comfortable, clean, and supportive environment, with opportunities for growth and advancement. Competitive wages are matched with a comprehensive, up to date employee benefits program that caters to the needs of staff and their families. Some of the Company Benefits we offer:
- Private Telemedical Health Care Services for the whole family
- RRSPs and TFSA Matching Program
- Life Insurance and AD&D, Dependent Life
- Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness Coverage
- Up to $2640 in a Health Spending Account or Personal Development Account
- Health Plan, Dental Plan & Prescription Drug Coverage
- Vision care & Prescription Safety Glasses Coverage
- Custom Hearing Protection
- Boot, PPE and Tool Allowance
- 3 weeks’ vacation after 3 years
- 5 Paid Sick Days, Flex Days
- Casual dress & Uniforms
- Company events – Social Clubs, Employee lunches & BBQs
- Relocation and moving assistance
- Family Employee Assistance & counselling Program
- Company Laptops for technicians
- Employee training track and OEM courses
- Apprenticeship and Tuition reimbursement
- In-House, National and International Training
- Store discounts
Copy and paste link into browser to learn more about our benefits:
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $35.00-$50.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- On call
Supplemental pay types:
- Please let us know which Branch you are interested in working for (You can name more than one if you are interested in Multiple):
- mechanical: 5 years (required)
- Journeyman ticket (required)
Work Location: On the road