Cedar Valley Investments Ltd. is a family-owned real estate management and development company based in Fredericton, New Brunswick. We aim to provide safe and affordable housing to Fredericton's residents.
Cedar Valley Investments, a family owned and operated business, is looking for a qualified and experienced bookkeeper and data entry clerk. Our team is responsible for the management of over 350 units in the Fredericton area.
As a bookkeeper/data entry clerk you’ll be responsible for managing payables, receivables, and completing a variety of accounting and clerical tasks. We are looking for an organized, analytical and thorough person who will be able to work independently as well as with a team. You must be reliable and have a keen eye for detail.
The successful candidate must be detail-oriented, with excellent communication. Candidates with previous experience in bookkeeping, property management, or an accounting background will be given preference. Must have strong accounting understanding and be able to work well under pressure. The role entails but is not limited to the following:
- Maintain records of financial transactions, posting transactions.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Manage accounts receivables and prepare monthly invoices.
- Manage accounts payables, review and enter bills and purchase orders, review monthly statements.
- Prepare financial statements and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information.
- Review bank balances and bank transactions daily.
- Prepare monthly budget reports and financial forecasts.
- Update tenant information and banking information.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times.
- General office duties, work in conjunction with all relevant departments.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Professional in appearance and mannerisms
- Experience in a similar position or in bookkeeping, accounting, or real estate development industry
- Organized and close attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of Quickbooks Online software
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act of New Brunswick
- Clean driving record
- Some travelling may be required.
- May be required to occasionally work on the weekend.
- Flexible lunch hours and some flexibility in work hours.
Candidate will begin on a contractual basis with a probationary period with the potential for full-time permanent position. Please apply with resume to the attention of the VP of Finance. We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in Cedar Valley Investments Ltd, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Industry: Real Estate
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: $40,000.00-$46,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- QuickBooks: 1 year (preferred)
- bookkeeping: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-07-24