Innovator Industrial Services is currently recruiting On-Stream Leak Repair Technicians to repair various process leaks on live operating systems under pressure. Reporting to the Field Service Supervisor, this position directly contributes and supports the Leak Repair service line of Innovator Industrial Services and provides client billable person-hours on work in the field.
5+ Years Leak Repair Experience
Perform all duties as assigned by supervision including, but not limited to, the following as needed:
- Possess the skills found in the leak repair skill register located at the end of this posting (the skills possessed will determine skill level and pay grade)
- Communicate/Coordinate with plant personnel in a professional and respectful manner
- Assess leaking component(s) and provide relevant information to supervisor and engineering
- Take field measurements of leaking component (ability to sketch and properly dimension non-standard components is a must)
- Competent use of the following measuring devices: Vernier calipers, OD calipers, ID calipers, circumference tape, measuring tape (able to read increments to 1/32), depth gauge, level, square, and angle finder
- Ability to adhere to Innovator Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) and Safe Work Procedures (Procedural non-compliance will not be tolerated)
- Conduct, and/or take part in, Field Level Risk Assessments and toolbox talks.
- Complete daily reports outlining the work activities
- Complete daily timesheets (LEMs) detailing the labour, equipment, and materials used during the work activities for each day
- Communicate daily activities with office personnel, promptly reporting issues, change in scope or change in field conditions.
- Communicate with co-workers in order to facilitate knowledge transfer, including ability to mentor junior technicians
- Minimum Academic Credentials: High School Diploma
- Valid Driver’s license
- Extensive and exceptional customer service practices
- Computer application knowledge is an asset (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Exceptional interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Good prioritizing, multi-tasking, and decision making skills
- High degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Entrepreneurial work ethic
- Field duties require outdoor work in a plant atmosphere
- Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and client personnel.
- Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels.
- Exposure to live process leaks operating at high pressure/temperature
- Extreme working conditions ie/ very hot or frigid temperatures
- Work in confined space and IDLH atmospheres (relevant training, safeguards, and PPE to be provided)
- Ability to work from heights (including aerial work platforms, ladders, towers, etc)
- Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection (ie/ full body harness, SCBA, SABA, respirators, chemical suits, steam suits, bunker gear, etc.)
- Camp accommodations will be supplied on a rotation basis, if applicable.
- Will be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis.
- Frequent Travel to Work Sites, Work Truck Provide
- Overnight stays in hotels or company houses till project completion.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to investigations.
- Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties.
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations.
Leak Repair Technician Skill Register:
- Valve Packing Injection
- Wire & Peen injection
- Segmental Wire & Peen injection
- Wire Wrap and/or Cable Tensioning Injection
- Work on High Pressure Leaks ( >600psi)
- Use of High Pressure Packing Gland (HPPG)
- Install & Inject Void Fill Enclosure
- Install & Inject Flange Clamp
- Install & Inject Tongue Clamp
- Install (and inject) Perimeter Seal Enclosure
- Perform Manual Pipe Crimp
- Perform Hydraulic Pipe Crimp
- Complete a Threaded Union Injection
- Complete a Valve Seat Injection
- Complete an Upstream Valve Kill
- Perform a Hot Stud Change-out
- Ability to create a proper bolt pattern in field
- Ability to use torque equipment
- Work on Flammable Service
- Use of grounding equipment for flammable service
- Work on Oxygen Service
- Preparation of equipment for work on Oxygen Service
- Proper Sealant Selection based on process conditions
- Ability to calculate a void volume in the field
Role and Responsibilities:
- Perform site assessments/walkdowns/measure-ups, etc..
- Perform Field Level Risk Assessments and review with technician(s)
- Review JHAs with technicians on site prior to work
- Receive/review site permits and review with technician(s)
- Complete all safety related paperwork throughout the job (ie. BBOs, Impacts, toolbox talk, etc)
- Complete daily LEMs ensuring that all equipment, material, labour, and expenses are accounted for
- Use and maintenance of project equipment as per OEM specifications as well as Innovator procedures
- Complete work as per the procedure - contact Supervisor/Manager if procedure can't be followed for any reason
- Report all near misses, incidents, etc. and participate in investigations under Management supervision
- Follow project execution plans
- Complete execution paperwork diligently and neatly (ie. Mob checklists, ITPs, Field Reports, etc)
- Complete Daily Ops for each day on site logging all activities for the shift paying particular attention to delays and events that impact Innovator productivity
- Mentor/train technicians- sign off on technician qualifications
- Work with Operations Coordinators to build proposals
- Create project specific Safety Score Card
- Maintain first class client relationships/Customer satisfaction
- Return equipment to shop, complete asset transfers back to inventory
- Competency in all of the On-Line Services
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 40-84 per week
Salary: $45.00-$55.00 per hour
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: On the road