Requisition ID: 340722
Competition #: SS-23-912
Position Number: 816-715321004C258-05
Posting End Date: Open until Filled
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: Home Care Services - Steinbach
Department / Unit: Home Care Services
Job Stream: Clinical Support
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: To be determined - Indefinite Term
Anticipated Shift: Days/Evenings/Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Wage Rate: As Per CUPE Community Collective Agreement
Term Condition (if applicable): For CUPE: The employee occupying this indefinite term position shall receive notice equivalent to the amount of notice the employee returning from leave provides the Employer.
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
The Home Care Scheduling Clerk works under the supervision of the Regional Manager, performing various office functions including coordinating and maintaining scheduling for the Home Care clients and staff. The Home Care Scheduling Clerk collaborates with the Home Care Resource Coordinators and Case Coordinators functioning as an integral part of the health care team.
The incumbent exercises the appropriate level of initiative and independent judgment in determining work priorities, work methods to be employed and action to be taken on unusual matters. The position functions in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision and values; and the policies of Southern Health-Santé Sud.
- Completion of Grade 12 education required
- Preference will be given to Procura trained applicants
- Minimum 1 year experience scheduling staff, preferably in a unionized environment and utilizing electronic scheduling tools
- Recent Home Care experience preferred
- Intermediate keyboarding and computer skills
- General understanding of office practices and procedures and use of office equipment (computer, fax, etc)
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationships
- Ability to apply critical thinking
- Ability to work both independently with minimum supervision and as a team member
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a time sensitive environment, managing competing priorities
- Given the cultural diversity of our region, the ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population is required
- Proficiency of both official languages is essential for target and designated bilingual positions
- Demonstrated ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job
- Demonstrated ability to respect confidentiality including paper, electronic formats and other mediums
- Good work and attendance record
- Completes and maintains a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Search, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check, as appropriate
- All Health Care workers are required to be immunized as a condition of employment in accordance with Southern Health-Santé Sud policy.
Term Condition (if applicable): For CUPE: The employee occupying this indefinite term position shall receive notice equivalent to the amount of notice the employee returning from leave provides the Employer
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.