- Experience life in one of Canada's northernmost communities and make a difference every day!
- Be rewarded with a competitive salary ranging from $104,269 to $122,684 plus a Northern Allowance between $16,008 and $43,588 based on the community!
- Take on a challenging and rewarding role as a Housing and Finance Operations Manager with Local Housing Organizations!
The Nunavut Housing Corporation (NHC) works to deliver housing solutions that provide an important link to Nunavut communities. The 25 Local Housing Organizations (LHO) deliver subsidized housing in cooperation with the NHC. As such, the LHO Manager has a reporting relationship with the NHC and will be required to work closely with the district offices in carrying out the management function at the LHO.
Currently, Housing Associations have exciting opportunities for multiple full-time Managers, Housing and Finance Operations to join the team in various communities in Nunavut. Occasional travel may be required.
Reporting to the Housing Authority Board of Directors, this role will see you responsible for the full accounting cycle as well as human resources, maintenance, budgeting, rent collections, and administrative functions of the Housing Authority. Support will be provided to you by the Nunavut Housing Corporation (NHC) staff in the areas of Finance, Maintenance, Board relations, and Programs administration.
More specifically, your responsibilities in this role will include:
- Supervising Administration and Maintenance Staff and keeping proper personnel records
- Interacting with Tenants and other interest groups on a day-to-day basis
- Keeping proper accounting records and reports and liaising with Audit/Consultant staff as well as NHC District office staff monthly and preparing annual budgets with established restraints
- Ensuring Housing Authority property and structures are maintained at an optimum level
- Providing guidance to the Board of Directors on matters such as NHC housing programs, policies, financial matters, and public housing allocations and acting as Secretary to the Board during all meetings
In order to qualify for this role, you should have a minimum of post-secondary education in Business Administration and/or Accounting with 5 years of management experience, full cycle accounting, and property management, including budgeting, accounts receivable and payable, payroll, cost control and interpretation of financial reports and statements.
Additional qualifications may also include:
- Financial management skills
- Property management and/or housing maintenance experience
- Supervisory/management experience
- Computer training and experience
- Knowledge of the Inuit language and communities, culture, land, and Inuit Quajimajatuqangiit, and the ability to speak Inuktut is considered to be an asset
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong problem-solving and time-management skills. The ability to coordinate many activities simultaneously and to track the progress of all of the activities is crucial.
Finally, you must be self-motivated and have the ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually. Please note this is a non-unionized position. A Criminal Record Check will be required.
The successful incumbent will be rewarded with a competitive annual salary ranging from $104,269 to $122,684, based on skills and experience.
You will also receive a great range of employee benefits, including:
- A Northern Allowance between $16,008 and $43,588 based on the community
- Enrolment in the NEBS Pension Plan and Insurance
- Subsidized Housing (if applicable)
- 3 weeks of vacation to start and 2-week paid leave in lieu
- Relocation and Removal Assistance (if applicable)
The NHC and LHOs are committed to creating a more representative workforce so that they can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit.
If you are looking for a role where no day is the same, and where you can make a real difference in the lives of others, then this is the role for you - APPLY TODAY!
Urgent hiring. Open until filled. Only those selected to interview will be contacted.